News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

tower and coil space cooling

Started by mobile_bob, February 06, 2011, 11:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sailawayrb

Quote from: Mack_59 on February 08, 2011, 07:27:17 PM
I recall reading somewhere on one persons house that they had radiant heat for the floor slab and then for cooling they had installed some kind of flat absorbtion plate chillers up near the ceilings with fancy controls to monitor humidty in the house so condensation would be eliminated. With a well insulated tight house there is also the need for air exchange to keep indoor polutants down. I think this house was located near Pueblo Co so there was not much outdoor humidity to begin with.

Welcome Mack!

Yes, I see that Taco sells chillers for their hydronic systems.  The controls appear fairly complicated.  Yes, I will certainly need a Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) to meet code and successfully accomplish the mission.

I can confirm there isn't much humidity in Pueblo Co...  I worked at a steel mill (CF&I) in Pueblo one summer during my college days. I remember flat, dry, and windy...but nevertheless a very nice place relative to my NJ reference point at the time.   :)

Bob B.

mobile_bob

as luck would have it, the little house i bought not only is connected to city water and sewer, but also has
a good well in the main floor garage and another out on the side lot,  the one out in the side lot was used to
water the former owners massive garden, the one inside i have no idea what the story is on it other than the old
dude likely wanted a water source just in case the world came to an end?

i don't plan on cooling the slab below the dew point, that will be a trial and error thing to learn how to avoid that happening, and
as far as air exchange, i plan on having most of that done either very early in the morning or in the late afternoon or evening with
the temp balance is met (inside vs outside temps at or near parity)

i am going to try to avoid air exchange during the hottest part of the day, perhaps the air quality will suffer a bit for a few hours
but heck i am old and ain't gonna live forever anyway.

:)

gotta get a bite to eat, later i want to relate a couple of other interesting evap systems i came across that i found very interesting.

more to come...

bob g