News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Yanmar 2TNV70 Genset

Started by DRJensen, April 25, 2013, 08:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRJensen

Ok, I shot  some photos of my project. It is meant for backup power unless I can find a good source or two for used ATF. The batteries are from a fire system panel at work and are just temp until I can build a battery rack to hold them. I built the stub shaft at work on a lathe with a piece of 1/2" plate and a 1 3/4" pump shaft that was ruined and in the scrape bin. I have learned that if you want 5kw of good quality power get atleast a 10kw gen head. It looks like photobucket is slow to load the pictures, just refresh the page unitl they show up.

[/URL]][/img]
[/URL]][/img]

DRJensen

veggie

Great Project !
Nice and clean.
Can't wait till you post the link to the YouTube video of it running  :)

That rad should be more than adequate.
What temperature does the fan come on ?

cheers,
veggie

DRJensen

The radiator, overflow tank, small fan up front and air box came off a 1998 Nissan 200 sx from the junk yard for $20. The small fan on the front comes on when I start it (blue switch) and maintains @ 170 F and the other fan comes on around 195ish and shuts down around 175 F. It has a 160 tstat. It also has low oil pressure shut down and I need to get a temp switch for high water temp shutdwon as well. Thanks for the comments, video to come soon.

DRJensen

mr.fixit

Nice setup DR
My Yanmar has close to 300hrs on it.I changed the oil at 50hrs and now it is just down halfway to the ad mark.
Watch your exhaust pipes,mine cracked from vibration,I need a longer flex pipe inbetween.
What rpm do you run the engine?

DRJensen

I have it setup for 2800 rpms +/-. I didn't want to run it WFO as to maybe increase it's life. I need to get some polystyrene panels from lowes and insulate that metal building some because the engine is alot louder than I was hoping for. The exhaust note out the back of the shed is very low and once your 20 feet or so away you cannot really even hear it. The building resonates the engine vibrations so the neighbors may start to complain  >:( if I run it much.

Regards, Dave

veggie

Thanks for the vid !
Very nice backup system you built.

veggie