6/1 listeroid and st5 available for sale, fox island washington

Started by mobile_bob, October 18, 2022, 04:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

This engine was built by a former member of the LEF, utterpower.com and this forum
he passed away suddenly and without warning at home a bit over 10 months ago now

he was a dear friend and many will remember Quinn F (Farnes) he also went by oddjob here
and i don't recall what screen name on the LEF

he purchased one of the earlier listeroids back around '03-'05  and documented the complete
tear down, and rebuild form dirt to sky, using every means possible and attention to detail seldom
found anywhere outside a real OCD type of fellow. 

the engine is a 6/1 ashwemegh, driving an ST5 head, and has a gear reduction starter motor, friction wheel drive with an air cylinder to engage it.

he referred to the engine as "old silver" as he painted it silver which created quite a bruhaha
back in the day,  lots of good hearted jabs about it should be lister green and all that.

George is also going to put up the offering on utterpower.com along with links to the original writeup

Quinn's widow has no use for the genset, however i don't want to see her get taken advantage of either.  this in my opinion would be one of the best built engine/gensets that has a pedigree where one can see exactly what was done to it, rather than taking someones word for what was done.  that should add value to the right person.

as soon as i can find a link to the utterpower story, i will post it here.

and anyone interested can email me at notblueeyes@hotmail.com and i will pass along the contact information to George who is tasked with managing the sale.

this sort of thing doesn't come up everyday and we all know that there are not likely ever to be more imported to this country, so if anyone is interested i would suggest letting me know asap, because i think this thing will sell pretty quickly.

fwiw

disclaimer:  i am not connected with the sale of this item, nor will i receive a commission on the sale. i am simply passing this along for a departed friends widow to the forum members in the hope that there is someone that has a need for this unit.

bob g

Tom Reed

Sorry to hear about QuinnF's pasing. He and I discussed my build a couple of times.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

playdiesel

I am buried in generators or I would own that unit only because of who it belonged to.
Although I never met or even talked to the man it was obvious that Quinn was one of very few that early on understood the real problems with the India produced Lister clones. Everyone knew there were problems but few knew what to do about it. Some had tried and published work arounds for the issues that quite honestly were just sugar coatings over turds. Quinn however worked to solve the obvious(to an engine mechanic) issues in a permanant manner. He inspired me and a couple others to carry on with it and develope a few more solutions.
 It is a shame that all the work is mostly all for not as we have batteries, wind and solar being shoved down our throats via regulation and substitutes.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate