News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Solar water and air panels

Started by highwater, July 16, 2017, 05:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highwater

Got some stuff I'm just not going to have time to do.
I have collected some air and water panels over the years with the intent to install and use.
Not going to get there.

My craptop will not search for the location of a file so if there is interest in this deal, post here and we can exchange info and I can text pics.
There is a trailer load and that is how I am selling it. All.
Location is central US. 60miles (1 hour) south of Wichita, KS. just off I-35. Blackwell, OK
All or nothing. no interest from this group and it going to scrap.
400 US dollars.

Air:
This is a 5 panel system with AC blower. Each panel is 3ftx8ft. Apx 8 inches thick 3 layers of absorber screen.
Looks like 8inch duct.
Stored inside until weekend before July 4th. Blower still inside.

Water:

All copper plumbing.

1. 2 panel system that came off a pool heater. 4ftx10ft ea panel. stored outside.

2. 2 panels 3ftx8ft. inside until weekend before the 4th

3. 4 coils out of open top meat cases. 11ftx12inx4in 8pass 1/2 inch copper. inside until weekend before the 4th

4. 2 coils out of open top meat cases, same as above. 7ft long. still hanging in the shop

5. I have numerous smaller heat ex-changer coils that I will throw on until either I run out or you get more than you can put on the trailer.

Randall

mobile_bob

old age catchin up to ya down there?   i know it has not only caught up with me but has been doing its best to kick my ass.

it would be nice if a group of folks could go in together and buy a place, (call it a compound if you like) somewhere centrally located, that we could send all our excess project goodies to and actually get them up and running doing something useful.

maybe that way we could get all the stuff collected out of storage and doing something we could get some use out of, even if for only a week or so each year... kind of a time share thing, or a bug out compound for those in the group.

make it sort of like one of those working museum things, where not only those that have put into the kitty, but those that haven't could pay a fee and come see how things are actually done and how it all works out.

maybe a little village?  a village of offgrid cabins or tiny houses, with all the solar, wind, cogen, gasifiers, waterwheels (if in a location that it could be viable) and all the other stuff.

just spitballin here, but the more i type, the more i like the idea, so much so that i would sign up to live there full time! and i suspect there would be more folks that would also go in for the plan... live there until you don't want to anymore, or get too old, then sell out your little place in the village to the next generation..

starting to sound like a commune huh?

would that be so bad?

all i know is this,

i have probably 15 diesel engine's all in the crate,  a half dozen st heads, from 5 to 15kw, one three phase 12kva
dozens of alternators, and probably a dozen controllers of all manufactures, a gasifier, a 4 ton grain press, i think 30kw of exeltech inverters, 5kw plus of solar panels, and literally tons of other things from relays to all manner of controllers, panels and stuff.

and i strongly suspect that there are at least a dozen guy on here that have as much and much more than i have.

maybe i have been out in the heat too long today?  :)

bob g

glort

I like the idea of what you are saying.
The "local" steam museum has a similar setup.
They have maybe 20 acres of land and members can apply to use a portion of it to erect a shed to store their toys. They pay what I have been told by several is a very reasonable monthly fee for the land use. They can go and play to their hearts content, even sleep over and they display their accumulations on public open days twice a year.
Everyone I have spoken to there seems very happy with the arrangement.

Conveniently, it's about 10-15 min from where I'm moving to.

I have decided I probably have enough engines for the moment.  What I really need is a generator head or 3 but not having much luck finding anything here. I was searching Fleabay last night for one but they just don't seem obtainable. I certainly can't find anyone selling them at least.
I would like another China horizontal to couple up with a decent alt but can't find any of those either. They used to be around but it seem people aren't bringing them in any more.

The new place is going to have a lot of used panels added to offset the power consumption and luckily has a lot of roof to put them on. I'm into alternative not as some greeing to save the planet and all that crap, I'm in it to have a very comfortable lifestyle without being Crippled by fuel and power bills.
I'm in 2 minds ( or 7) with what I want to do atm. Physically I'm ok but mentally broken so I think I'd just like to get the new place the way I want and then see if I have the motivation to do anything else.  Just the upkeep on this joint might be enough.

What I would like to get out of my system is a yearning to play with Micro Hydro.  If your nutters Village had a source of running water with a decent fall, I'd be there quick smart. Don't know why, I think it would be fairly hard work over all but I would just love to set something up with MH. I think the idea of quiet, constant power has a fascination. Also it's something I have never and and probably never will have the opportunity to play with. Being on the driest continent on earth does no help.

Having to clean up my crap to move ( and feeling like it will never be done) has certainly given me a new and more sane outlook.  I don't want to have heaps of stuff sitting round. Rather have a few, functional things that I can enjoy playing with and perform their intended Function.  I want to keep the new place neat and presentable because having my junk around in the past has diminished my familys enjoyment and embarrassed them as well.  I'll have a junk area up the back out of sight but it's not going to get away like it has in the past where at some point I lost my freaking mind.  Not just the machinery I have had a problem with, it's going through and finding bills and papers that are 20 years old. It's all the broken crap I have picked up seeing value in it and going to fix it when it's broken crap I should have left wherever I found it. The old Furniture I didn't have the heart to throw out but will have to now because it's a detriment not an assett.  It's the TONS of pieces of steel and wood I have had so long it's half rotted or rusted away. It's things I used but are now outdated and long since replaced just taking up room and adding to the clutter. I have crap in a shed under shelter while good , valuable stuff sits under tarps in the weather. It's insane.
Nope, not again.  If I slip I have given numerous people witnessed permission to smack me in the head with a shovel to snap me out of it.

From now on, I want a clean, uncluttered aesthetically pleasing lifestyle.
Won't mean I can't have my toys, rather they will just be set up museum style in their own dedicated areas and ready to go whenever I want to play with them and I can show them off proudly.  My project area will be limited and out of the way  and once at capacity, that will be it. I plan on a yearly shittake....errr, stocktake so the unused "treasure" can make way for what I do need. Also Intend to limit myself to 2 projects at a time.  If I need something, I'm not going to hoard everything in the case of it being handy one day, I have the means to do what I want now so I'll go buy new and shiny, use it as needed and eliminate the piles of stuff I never get to use anyway.

My ongoing time waster will be the aeroponics setup I have been playing with and plan to greatly expand along with putting in a green house.  Something that I can enjoy without too many memories of the past to haunt me and a productive outcome as well.  Time I finish getting the place the way I want, I don't think I'll want to be bothered with anything.
See how it goes, it's never what I think or plan.

highwater

MY wife thinks I'm the only one. ;D ;D ;D

Randall

highwater

Perhaps we should put together a poker run sort of event.
This could ed-u-ma-cate the wifes and we could get rid of crap in the process.

Maybe the North American Kast Iron and Kilowatt Tour ::)

You know....like the Tour of Homes at Christmas.

We could recon a place for the compound in the process.

Randall

vdubnut62

Yeah, my wife thinks that I'm the only one too. With living here in TN. you would think she would know better. Men have selective hearing, so maybe Women have selective perception of some sort? I think she sees what she wants to see, and ignores everyone else's junk valuable antiques, and just sees mine. ::)
With all the halfbacks here now the demographic is changing dramatically though, fewer "country" people who hoard and get by on near nothing. Nobody fixes anything, just run it till it dies, and buy a new one. Even I am getting rid of "clutter"! But it's hard to decide what might be useful and what's just junk. (very little useful and a lotta junk)
Ron.
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

glort

Quote from: vdubnut62 on July 17, 2017, 01:22:17 PMBut it's hard to decide what might be useful and what's just junk. (very little useful and a lotta junk)

Thats been my problem.
I sold the house and knew I had to move months ago, but try hard as I may, I couldn't get myself to really clean anything up until I bought another place and knew where I was going and what i'd need.
I realise now that was an idiotic thought because there is SO much that never should have been kept and thrown out at least 10 years ago.  That said, there was just so much I'd look at and think I could need that or I may not. I thought I'd just chuck it and buy what I needed IF I needed it but alas, I am a pathetic and weak person without the intestinal fortitude to actually do that.  No fear ripping into the 150Kg Gym junkie moron gorilla that parked me in today but throwing out that bit of metal or timber without being sure I wouldn't need it in the near future, No, I'm a complete pussy when it comes to the serious stuff.  :-[

It's rubbish night tonight. I flogged the next door neighbors bins whom has moved out and filled them along with my own.  Between the lot, that's another 1.5 Cubic meter of crap gone. Not everything gone that could be, still have some bags sitting here but 6 wheelie bins is not a bad effort especially seeing I only got 3 days of cleaning in last week. Of course that does not count the ute load of old cardboard  and metal I took to dumpsters on Sunday afternoon.
If I can get the main shed knocked over by the weekend, I'll start to feel like I'm getting somewhere.

To celebrate all this empty space, I bought 3 new engines today.  :0)

One on a brushcutter, one on a yard blower and one on a hedge trimmer.  Bit of a change too, all 2 stroke instead of diesel. Have the new chainsaw as well and I want to get a post hole digger.  Going to be going through a lot of 2 Stroke oil!
I know a lot of people hate 2 strokes but there is something about them I love.  People always  say they are hard to start and noisy and WTF is it that people get so pedantic about a bit of smoke FFS?  I think I just understand them and feel at ease with such a simple and powerful engine type. I also think a lot of people don't know how to tune the small Carbs right either.
The new shed is going to look real good filled with all these new toys.  I'm going to get shelving and a board and mount everything on it so it has it's place. I'll do the same for all the power tools and rather than have them lying around everywhere, I'll make them into functional Mancave art.
Might even make a good backdrop for photos!