News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Small Diesel Generators for sale

Started by SPSInc, August 17, 2012, 01:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPSInc

Hello, I have 2 enclosed diesel generators I'm wanting to part with. They have a Yanmar L70 engine, 24 Pole PMG and inverter. As configured they output 3.0KW 120Vac/60Hz. Engine runs at a set 3600 RPM. These are old military prototype units. They have very low hours but were built in mid-90s. I started them for the first time in a couple of years the other day and both started on the first pull. They do have electric start but is set up for 24Vdc.

I do have access to some low voltage PMG alternators I could swap on the units to allow for battery charging possibly through a solar charge controller to regulate the output. If you have some interest in something like this let me know and lets see what we can put together. I hate to see some nice generators sitting on the shelf doing nothing.

Tom Reed

You got anything in a 48vdc nominal 3+ kw output?
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

SPSInc

Sure do if the engine runs at 3600 RPM.

Henry W

WoW! I like what I see. They are some very nice units!

And from looking at them they are built very rugged.

Henry

Tom Reed

Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

SPSInc

Okay. Where should we start? I can get you a LxWxH and weight. I might even have a Power vs Voltage curve on an alternator I could put on. Let me know what else you want to see and I'll try to get if for you.

Eric

SPSInc

I mounted a low voltage alternator to it this morning and ran some data. See the chart attached. First run I had the throttle wide open or @ 3900RPM no load. I ran out of load bank switches before the engine began to really load down. I then set the no load speed to 3600RPM and added load followed by no load set point of 3300 RPM.

The unit measures 30 x 20 x 28 inches (L x W x H) and weighs @ 180 lbs. The enclosure and base are all aluminum. The fuel tank is about 1.5 gallons.

Let me know if you would like any other information.

bschwartz

They look nice to my eyes....... will they look nice to my wallet?
- Brett

Metro 6/1, ST-5 - sold :(
1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
1950s ? Oilwell (Witte) CD-12 (Behemoth), ST-12
What else can I run on WVO?
...Oh, and an old R-170

SPSInc

I guess that depends on ones wallet but I was thinking $1,500/ea.