News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

ups inverters for sale

Started by mobile_bob, October 22, 2009, 11:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

here is what i have that needs to go away to make room in my test cell for 48 volt gear

i have the following for sale

four (4) apc 1400xl ups inverter systems, rack mount  1050 watt output 24vdc buss voltage and 120vac output
they produce very clean pure sine wave, rock solid 60 hz, and steady 120volts, i have removed the internal batteries
and used the anderson plugs to makeup external connections to a larger battery bank,, the xl series has the heavy duty
onboard battery charger suitable to around 300amp/hrs for rated charge or larger banks if you wait longer for recharge.
these units will surge to ~1700-1800 watts for about 3 seconds before the safety cutout stops the action, this is ample time
to start most small motors that aren't heavily loaded at startup.  i have tested their conversion efficiency an they work out
to 84.6% efficient at full load (1000 watts)

cost 75 bucks each plus shipping, i would have to weigh one to figure out how much shipping would be, or if you live close
enough you can come pick one or more up.

if you pickup and want all 4 i will part with them for 50 bucks each.

i have a couple apc 1600 watt units as well, that are 48volt buss systems, that will be available after i finish the next round of testing
they too have had their batteries removed and anderson plugs reconfigured for external battery bank use, two are the standard units
that will charge at @5amps and one is an XL unit that will charge at 10-15amps, similar efficiency to the other units
these units have no problem starting a 3/4 hp bench grinder or 12 speed drill press or a refrigerator, they will surge to ~2400-2500watts
for 3 seconds before the safety kicks them out.

cost 100 bucks each, plus shipping, or take all three for 75 bucks each and pick them up here in tacoma

i have got to clear some space to continue testing in the shop, i literally have no room to wiggle as it is now
with two 19" racks loaded from the floor to the ceiling full of test gear, so i have to clear these racks to make room
for higher voltage inverters and other test equipment.

these units would make good units for testing, or for backup service for a lot of applications, they also would cover
basic needs and eliminate all flicker, over and undervoltage concerns, frequency shifting for critical equipment and lighting.

pm me if interested

bob g