Gaskets-To-Go Custom Gaskets (Lister, Changfa, Honda, Onan, etc. gaskets)

Started by Gasketstogo, November 16, 2009, 09:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gasketstogo

Per Henry's suggestion on another thread here, I would like to introduce my gasket service to those of you who are not already familiar with it. Gaskets-To-Go (gasketstogo.com) is a custom gasket manufacturer, with no tooling or set-up charges and no minimum order quantity for most gaskets. If you can't find the gasket you need I can help you.

I am also marketing a small variety of off-the-shelf gaskets for small engines such as Lister, Changfa, Honda GX series, Onan, etc. Currently the only site that I have up and running is www.listergaskets.com, where I sell gaskets for CS series Listers & Listeroids, but the Changfa and other sites should be up before too long.

I have an excellent gasket for the S195 Changfa, and will be selling those very soon via www.changfagaskets.com. At the moment I have listed 9 gaskets for small Chinese engines on the site, with details on bore size, thickness, etc. Some of these engines may have been marketed in the USA under other names. For example, the gasket that fits the Changfa S195 is marked S-1100-NA, and the gasket marked S-195-NA does not fit the S195 USA models! If you like a mystery, please visit the site and see if you can help me determine if any of those gaskets shown on the page fit models sold on the US market. It is quite possible that they are marketed there under more than one name, if they appear at all. Once I have that sorted I will be selling the ones that have been positively identified on the site.

If you are looking for head gaskets or full engine gasket sets for Honda GX series small engines please visit my Honda GX series site at www.hondagxgaskets.com. These are OEM quality sets at very competitive prices. You can also find them on e-Bay.

Regards,

John M. Baker

Main Web Site: www.gasketstogo.com
Blog: www.gasketstogo.wordpress.com

Changfa Gaskets: www.changfagaskets.com
Honda GX Gaskets: www.hondagxgaskets.com
Lister Gaskets: www.listergaskets.com

mobile_bob

your S1100 gaskets will fit and work well with the changfa 195 IDI engine's sold here in the US, at least the ones i am aware of.

your 195 gaskets, look like they will fit the changfa clone 195 engines and maybe the changfa DI engine's

the difference between the DI and IDI is not the cylinder bore, but rather the IDI has a stepped liner that the larger bore
gasket fits over, and the DI engine has no step the gskt bore is about the same size as the cylinder bore.

also of note, the DI engine's are using copper sandwich clad gskts, i don't know if this is necessary or if the steel core fiber
gskt would take its place?

bob g

Gasketstogo

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your input! Just want to let you and everyone know that I have now added full engine sets for the Lister CS series 12/2 engines to my Lister gasket site www.listergaskets.com

I am also now selling head gaskets for the Changfa 195 IDI models (like the one you and others have purchased) at www.changfagaskets.com.

Customers can use the Buy Now buttons to purchase via credit card or PayPal. Those looking for both kinds of gaskets can combine purchases in the PayPal shopping cart, i.e. They can visit the Lister site, make a purchase, and then visit the Changfa site, make a purchase, and the items will be automatically combined in the PayPal shopping cart.

John
www.gasketstogo.com, www.listergaskets.com, www.changfagaskets.com

P.S. I am still looking for help in identifying some of the Chinese gaskets I have listed at www.changfagaskets.com, particularly the one marked S195, which as Bob suspects may be for the Changfa 195 DI models.

Gasketstogo

I have created a blog to profile some of the custom gasket work we are doing in at Gaskets-to-Go. Please visit www.gasketstogo.wordpress.com

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

John
Gaskets-to-Go
www.gasketstogo.com

Henry W

Hello John,

I checked out your new site www.gasketstogo.wordpress.com and it is very nice. I feel all your hard work will pay off. You have lots to offer that other gasket companies can not do.

Henry

veggie

Quote from: mobile_bob on November 16, 2009, 10:11:03 AM
your S1100 gaskets will fit and work well with the changfa 195 IDI engine's sold here in the US, at least the ones i am aware of.

your 195 gaskets, look like they will fit the changfa clone 195 engines and maybe the changfa DI engine's

the difference between the DI and IDI is not the cylinder bore, but rather the IDI has a stepped liner that the larger bore
gasket fits over, and the DI engine has no step the gskt bore is about the same size as the cylinder bore.

also of note, the DI engine's are using copper sandwich clad gskts, i don't know if this is necessary or if the steel core fiber

bob g

Bob,

This is confusing.
I got some S1100 Gaskets from "Gaskets to go" and they are identical to the Direct Injected head gasket that came as a spare with my 195DI engine.?

Veggie

mobile_bob

i think what we have here that adds to the confusion is two different liners
one that is flat across the top and one that is stepped

if you have a stepped liner, the s1100 gskt fit properly, if you have a flat top liner the S1100 will work, but
are just about a quarter inch large in id than the cylinder bore.

the changfa idi engines we got down here in the states have stepped liners, while the flying fish brand di engines
have flat liners

the former uses a steel cored fiber gskt, with stainless fire ring, while the latter used a sandwiched copper gskt
with rolled copper fire ring.

who knows what parts tub those guys pick and choose from?

bob g

Gasketstogo

Hi Henry, thanks for the nice comments, glad you enjoyed it. I will be updating the blog  from time to time so please check back.

Bob, if you don't mind I would like to discuss with you further so that I make sure that people get the right gaskets. At some point I would like to develop a list or chart showing the different brands and/or model designations and which of the two gaskets I have for the Changfa would be appropriate. Right now I am only listing the IDI for sale, but I have someone testing the DI on their machine as soon as they get it, which should be soon.

I will be taking a short holiday from the 24th to the 30th, but can still be reached via e-mail if need be.

Thanks to all who have provided advice, support. I hope everyone enjoys a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

John

Henry W

Quote from: veggie on December 22, 2009, 08:47:25 PM
Quote from: mobile_bob on November 16, 2009, 10:11:03 AM

bob g

Bob,

This is confusing.
I got some S1100 Gaskets from "Gaskets to go" and they are identical to the Direct Injected head gasket that came as a spare with my 195DI engine.?

Veggie

Hello Veggie,

I was thinking about this and was wondering if Changfa put the wrong head gaskets in your rebuild kits. The reason I am bringing this up is all my rebuild kits have the wrong injector nozzle kits.

My guess for the rebuild mixups is the manufacture could of already had the kits made before the new direct injected engines came out. And some of us got the wrong parts kit.

Another thing I thought about is have you pulled your injector to see if it is the long thin pencil type nozzle with five holes? Or the short stubby nozzle with one hole.

Another thing to check is look at the edge of the gasket on the engine closely and see if it has copper rolled over the edge.

The only way to truely find out to see what you have is to remove the head.

I guess a good question would be are there stepped liners in some DI S195 engines.

Henry

cgwymp

Anyone heard form John since all the flooding in Thailand?

John, if you're reading this, I hope you weren't affected!
Listeroid 8/1

playdiesel

I have done business with him twice since the flooding. As I remember from our conversations the factory was shut down for a brief period.
Fume and smoke addict
electricly illiterate