120 volt AC solar panels are REAL plug and play DIY (distributors)

Started by chooch, November 01, 2011, 04:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chooch

Here it is, the first in the USA. SpinRay Energy, Inc.a RI manufacturer and importer are now supplying 245 watt mono crystalline solar panels with a 120 volt micro inverter already installed. That means that you can purchase one or up to 5 panels in series and plug them into an outside house recepticle(plug). NOW solar is DIY(do it yourself). NO electrician, just purchase the SpinRay SR245AC with our exclusive and unique "deck mount kit" or "lawn mount kit" and plug it in this will suppliment your electricity up to 1 KW. Check us our and give us a call at www.spinrayenergy.com or 1-401-647-3551

mike90045

Quote from: chooch on November 01, 2011, 04:55:31 AM
Here it is, the first in the USA. SpinRay Energy, Inc.a RI manufacturer and importer are now supplying 245 watt mono crystalline solar panels with a 120 volt micro inverter already installed. That means that you can purchase one or up to 5 panels in series and plug them into an outside house recepticle(plug). NOW solar is DIY(do it yourself). NO electrician, just purchase the SpinRay SR245AC with our exclusive and unique "deck mount kit" or "lawn mount kit" and plug it in this will suppliment your electricity up to 1 KW. Check us our and give us a call at www.spinrayenergy.com or 1-401-647-3551

I see there is no mention of the brand of inverter, efficiency, and if it meets UL spec ?

chooch

Right now we are choosing from 2 different micro inverter manufacturers both are from China. We have planned a trip for early November to go see them. And yes they are UL-TUV-ETL certified.

LowGear

I appreciate your enthusiasm.  Our utility requires permission to contribute to the grid.  You really should get some edumacation before you post much less sell. 

Casey

PS:  AC in houses is a parallel scenario not series.

PPS:  I'm sure China appreciates your help with their domination of the world.

mike90045

Quote from: chooch on November 01, 2011, 08:01:17 AM
Right now we are choosing from 2 different micro inverter manufacturers both are from China. We have planned a trip for early November to go see them. And yes they are UL-TUV-ETL certified.

Do they have UL 1741 needed for USA use ?   I think not, or else they are the very first.

cognos

I don't mean to sound negative, Mr. chooch, but you may have jumped the gun a bit...

Fix the spelling mistakes, the technical explanations, and the diagrams on your website. Get your "certification" facts straight.

There is no way that plugging a hot inverter into a regular house outlet, without any inspection from the local Power provider and/or regulatory agency, is going to be legal in most of the First World. And it may void your home insurance policy, should anything happen, even if the plug-in inverter is not to blame.

More to think about than just saving a few pennies on your power bill... unless these systems are damn near free, I can't see it being worth the risk. But that's just my opinion, based on my situation, with the information I have, where I live. Someone elses' experience may be different.

BioHazard

You guys are harsh. :D I like the idea of a simple "plug and play" solar panel. Unfortunately the utility pretty much always has to be involved within the US. Around here they will come out and set you up with a bidirectional meter for free for systems over 200 watts. Strict UL compliance is a must.
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?

cognos

A problem with grid-tie solar - payback vs. the cost of installation.

In Ontario, since this installation is made in China (not within Canada or a NAFTA partner) and not legal to actually do, it wouldn't be eligible for any sort of government subsidy or preferred micro-hydro tie-in rate - at one time, 82ยข/kwh here in Ontario...

So... on a good clear day, I have measured for years and can confidently say that I get 5 hours of peak performance from my one little 20 watt panel that charges my BBU unit.

If I were to have the maximum stated in the copy - 5 of these panels "in series", I'd get maybe 5 KW/day out of the installation. At current consumer residential peak rates for power, I'd save roughly $1/day on my power bill...

If I paid a really good price for the panels and inverter system - let's say $3.50/watt ( I know, good luck...) - I would have paid $4287.50 for the system. I'd get my money back in 11.7 years. Very optimistically...

But if I did it right - hired a contractor that was certified by the Canadian/Ontario government to install the system in a way that takes advantage of available subsidies and preferred tie-in rates, there are some installers advertising payback times in the range of 5 to 8 years, with quality components with excellent warranties, with guaranteed rates from the power provider for 25 years... and creative financing for the system to boot...

I've nothing against free enterprise... but across North America and Europe, many countries/states/provinces/duchys/etc. already provide subsidies for code-legal approved installations that are tied to the public grid. I am legitimately curious as to where the market is for products like the one being offered here.

BioHazard

Quote from: cognos on November 03, 2011, 09:31:29 AM
I am legitimately curious as to where the market is for products like the one being offered here.

Well, here in Oregon, it just has to have the correct UL approval and you're good to go. Call the power company, get a free bidirectional meter, and plug it in. Might be a useful item for the electronically challenged tree huggers. Payback is of course another issue but here we have the option of getting something like 54 cents/kw payback for solar power.

I would however think that the panel and inverter would need to be UL tested and approved as a unit before being sold as "approved". Not impossible, I've been through the UL testing myself.
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?