True Small CHP Woodgas Fuel producing systems now in production

Started by SteveU., April 15, 2011, 04:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveU.

Hello All
After 3 years of searching, developing and operating I have finally found a true, now ran tested small CHP capable woodgas fuel producing system I can recommend.
The commercial Victory Gasworks Shop CHP Hottwatt model. I have personally been involved with the development of this system and have ran it now for a total of 100 hours very HOT 'N HARD attempting to break it and  burn it up on a variety of fuel stocks. I am NOT a dealer/sales man getting a cut on the sale of these.

The Full info, specs, capabilities, pricing, pictures and soon video are posted here on the commercial site of:
http://victorygasifier.com

Yep. Lists a system designer consultation service available with Ben Peterson for a fee of $97. -worth every penny and credited against a system purchase. This is not mandatory for standard chunked woodfuels but any other fuel type and you must pay for this thousand hour fellows experience.
Yep, yep. Lists a 6 month/10 hour mentoring service with Victory Commercial Developers for $495. Engine talk and you may even get me there. If, so I do get paid for this. Again not manditory. You can so far, as here use the other VGW social network site for no cost. On the Commercial Shop side of things we are all pretty much openly fair-trade/open-market/profit pays the bills, puts the food on the table, practical thinking people.
Or, you can question me for free here.

Regards
Washington State Steve Unruh
"Use it up. Wear it out. Make do. Or do without."
"Trees are the Answer" to habitat, water, climate moderation, food, shelter, power, heat and light. Plant, grow, and harvest more trees. Then repeat. Trees the ultimate "no till crop". Trees THE BEST solar batteries. Now that is True sustainability.

SteveU.

Hi Guys
The content on the Victory commercial sales site has been updated:
There are new pictures at the bottom of the page;
Internal additional insulation pictures on the side bar post of "Super Insulation"
This more insulated CHP Hotwatt series renamed Hotwatt Classic being packaged for ship out to it's European user - "Newest Hotwatt to Europe";
Pictures of me YUK!! loading up my own personal stainless steel beauty to to take home - "work of Steve U." Mine is the exact same hearth as shown in most all of the configurations when you open up Design Your Own. This actual hearth has hundreds of running hours on it in many different configurations from ~April 2010 through November 2010. Never cracked, split, burnt out or needed any internal repairs - the thick internal SS and heavy machined SS air jets are amazing! As a designed past now early prototype of it's series it was destined either for the Victory museum or to be boned out for it's metals. For me this is like getting a chance to own an early Chev 57-64 283 small block like I had in my 56 sedan - everybody else will get a the later revised 350 type version;
And then, of more interest to most, the Kubota Demo pictures of their newest multi-fuel gasious engine - "Gasious Fuel Revolution" They want to add woodgas to their list of fuel possibilities.
http://victorygasifier.com
Enjoy
"Trees are the Answer" to habitat, water, climate moderation, food, shelter, power, heat and light. Plant, grow, and harvest more trees. Then repeat. Trees the ultimate "no till crop". Trees THE BEST solar batteries. Now that is True sustainability.

SteveU.

Hi All
There is new content with different pictures up on the Hotwatt CHP fueling system and Kubota engine-gen on
www.victorygasifier.com
commercial Shop sales site.
Look under "Lazy Mans ... 24 Hour Heat and Power"

Wife's calling from the garden for weeding help. I'll explain a bit on the details later. Hey! It Sunday work at home day.

Regards

SteveU.

Hi all
OK what you are seeing in the "Lazy Mans  . . . 24 Hour Heat & Power" presentation is the very smooth quiet DG972 Kubota 3 cylinder spark ignition gaseous fueled engine set up as a bulk DC charger. Three DC Alternators with a total of intermittent 440 amps of 12.5-14 volt DC output, ~350 amps continuos. This engine also has a mechanical PTO coupler on the front crankshaft pulley hub. Only conservatively rated at an average 5000 watts capable due to the factory 25MM intake manifold restriction inlet hole. Bulky low energy density woodgas is going to displace normal intake air flow.
DC charging because most already have, or will learn that they need a modern electronic DC to AC inverter and a battery storage bank. DC because then with woodgas quality variances and varying power loads the engine RPM can just be allowed to float. AC hertz synced generation requires much first world quality sensors, proprietary controller brain box and an expensive electronic engine speed governor to stay Nazi lock stepped in sync within the needed 3-5%. As I said engine ignition spares could just be spark plugs, one coil/wire set, a controller and flywheel sensor. Many here could cob these from many late 90's to current automotive systems. For the generation side of the system just add a spare power alternator and a couple of belts sets. The current alts are 90's OE internal fan Ford units. This give the same mounting pattern as Ford used from ~1964 through the late 90's. Millions and millions of units out there. There is plenty of space on the engine C-channel rails to add in additionally SAE J180 truck alternator mounting too. How I would personally go to get 12, 24 and 48 volts possible. It is important to have the dual opposing alternator mounting to give even rear bearing loading. The KISS solution. The quiet smooth "V" belts are intentional KISS/repairability/maintainability too. World wide availability on "B" series, 1/2", 21/32nds, 13mm V-belts. Woodgas fueling ALL of the low quality "inefficiency" heats and air flows are just more fuel wood moisture pre-conditioning heats to use.

The Engine high quality exhaust and liquid coolant heats are ALL there for user off system usage.

The Hotwatt gasifier itself is supremely insulated to conserve and unitize it own internal heat. This also makes the surfaces more touch proof safe. Ha! Ha! As tested with SteveU. and and four year old little girl finger prints.

The Hotwatt unit uses needed output fuel gases cooling to produce hot blown space heating dry air and hot water through the integrated heat exchangers.

The Hotwatt base incorporates the gasifier system motors, PLC controller and engine ignition/starting battery.

www.victorygasifier.com

Questions? Comments?

Regards

vdubnut62

Wow. I am truly speechless!  I had no idea that gasifiers had come so far.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

SteveU.

Hey Ron
Thanks for noticing. This has been a full time three year effort for the designer/fabricator Ben Peterson. Many, many ideas tried, found wanting and/or failed. The Edison 90% perspiration - 10% inspiration ratio. Many ideas that did work then evolved past to more simple elegance. Example: it has evolved down to only one bolt internally exposed to the heat, gases and ashes to ever have to fool with.  This is a proven mature mechanical design now. You can see a bit of this evolution in the history of videos on the Victory Gasworks YouTube channel. This has been 10-20% of my time too each and every day for the past 18 months, and the same with a different system for 9 months before that. I have been the one insisting on a 5000 hour service life between major rebuilds and been doing much of the fuel prepping and racking up the run time to be able to project this now.
A quote by the fastest woodgas driving (a clocked 84 mph) longest distance driving (US coast to coast equivalent going to and participating in an Alt-Fuel race) vehicle gasifier man named Wayne Keith is, "Gasification is 25% mechanical and 75% experience". A stationary system without an active operator, getting as much of that 75% experience component built into the base design or taken care of with KISS automation is the real challenge.
Many here know and face these same challenges on their home systems and know how much hard work and time that it takes to get to this point.

Regards
Steve Unruh

SteveU.

Hi All
Here is a video of a teardown inspection of a VictoryGasworks "BenBuilt" Offgridder model gasifier by it's owner after one year in use.
This is a pervious generation big beast for I-6 and V-8 engine applications. Owner has powered his whole farm with it fueling an Onan/Ford 30KW gen-set.
The current Hotwatt and Victory Hearth model are for smaller engines. The current generation "Custom" hearth capable of these larger engine or larger yet. This all have a revised internal design eliminating all of the internal bolts save one.
I thought you would like to see the internal details, workmanship, and wear evaluation through the eyes of a real live owner/user. He is an educated, trained working Mechanical Engineer.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9lrX-5My8c

If this doesn't link; Google up:
Engineer775 Gasifier Teardown

Regards

JohnF

Steve;

None of the links work for me, including the youtube one
John F
www.woodnstuff.ca
Listers, Changfas, Redstones, AG's and anything else diesel I can get my hands on!

Carlb

My Projects
Metro 6/1  Diesel / Natural Gas, Backup Generator  
22kw Solar in three arrays 
2.5kw 3.7 meter wind turbine
2 Solar Air heaters  Totaling 150 Sq/Ft
1969 Camaro 560hp 4 speed automatic with overdrive
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe 6 speed manual transmission

deeiche

Quote from: SteveU. on August 19, 2011, 12:57:04 PM
SNIP
www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9lrX-5My8c

If this doesn't link; Google up:
Engineer775 Gasifier Teardown

Regards

It doesn't work for me either, but i I searched on YouTube for "Engineer775 Gasifier Teardown" and found the problem.
The character between "b9" and "rX" should be an uppercase "EYE" "I" not a lower case "el" "l".  The font used obfuscated the problem.

getterdone

i read up on the wood gasification projects that others were working on and i think whow.
thanks steve for bringing this topic up. for off grider's with timber or a sawmill with in 3miles away.,
it is very interesting,
keep it coming.........to hot to work on projects.........so time to expand knollege.......
my brain is in overload.  ha!