News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

The updated China IV non-road emissions standards

Started by Henry W, June 16, 2022, 02:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

Just found this.
Looks like prices might increase considerably on small engines.

Must be logged in to view and open attachment.

Tom Reed

Getting more and more difficult to be "independent".
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

Henry W

So true. From what I remember, years ago, being independent was the way life in most  neighborhoods where I was brought up. People, small businesses and large companies were not choked from all the junk government is  trying to ram down our throats. Maybe I just lived a sheltered life and was protected from the junk.

veggie

The reversal of globalism and cheap goods from overseas is now underway.
Perhaps a great opportunity for a local manufacturer soon.?

Henry W

Seeing manufacturing ramp up in US and Canada once again would be nice.

mobile_bob

gps monitoring/tracking/reporting over the life of the unit?

oh ya,  just what we need is the US mandating this sort of thing!

"you will own nothing! and be happy!"  dammit!

;)

bob g

Henry W

I read that. I will not own a diesel generator that will be monitored by gps.

A matter of fact we just had a bad storm that knocked out power. The town I live in is without power. Trees took lines down. It could be a while for us to get the power on. Maybe a couple days or more. The last thing I need is have a visit from someone to tell me that I need to shut my generator down because I'm running it too much during the day.

It was 100°F this afternoon. With high humidity. If we dont have power back on by noon tomorrow, I will get the Kubota EB300 powered generator out. I am not going to live without AC tomorrow.

Right now it cooled down and the Yamaha 1000 watt inverter generator is doing fine. It is powering the Refrigerator, Power Converter for lights and fans. The water heater is switched to propane. I have the gas stove to cook. So, I'll be fine tonight.

Life is good and it's good being independent. :)

veggie

Henry W

No, I'm not near butch. I'm in North Carolina. I've read his post. Its testimony on how good the larger Changfa diesels are on fuel efficiency. The S195 genset I've built years ago was more efficient than the Kubota D1005 powered genset. I do miss that thing. But it's too large for what I need. The Kubota EB300 and Changfa R175 are a good size for most of my needs. During early spring, late fall and winter I can use something smaller.

RJ

Quote from: Henry W on June 18, 2022, 06:03:13 PMNo, I'm not near butch. I'm in North Carolina. I've read his post. Its testimony on how good the larger Changfa diesels are on fuel efficiency. The S195 genset I've built years ago was more efficient than the Kubota D1005 powered genset. I do miss that thing. But it's too large for what I need. The Kubota EB300 and Changfa R175 are a good size for most of my needs. During early spring, late fall and winter I can use something smaller.

That's exactly what I do, I've got a small 2.5 kw inverter genny that will run everything but the AC. If it's hot out and the power is out I fire up the kubota set, mine's a d905 but still gets the job done.

Henry W

👍 It's always good to have different size generators for different times of the year.