News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Fuel Line Primer Pumps

Started by LowGear, November 01, 2010, 12:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowGear

OK!

I got it.  Running Mr. Woodie dry or cutting him off - it's too hurtful.

So here are a couple of photos of the injector pump and governator assembly.

It would seem tricking him into thinking there was no oil pressure or things were too hot might be the easy way to go.  Take a look and see what you think?

Casey

lowspeedlife

WOW! I haven't seen one of those old high temp/low oil shut downs in 25 years, can't even recall what they are called now, but yes fooling the shut downs, or adding a solenoid to the fuel shut down lever would be the way to go. & just for reference, the rack spring is not usually connected to the fuel line as it's stationary mounting point. LOL.

Scott R.
Old Iron For A New Age

squarebob

Those are nice filters. It is a shame the shipping is twice the cost of the filter. But I think it is still a deal.

Bob
GM90 6/1, 7.5 ST head, 150 Amp 24V Leece Neville, Delco 10si
Petter AA1 3.5 HP, 75 Amp 24V Leece Neville
2012 VW Sportwagen TDI, Average 39.1 MPG

LowGear

Thanks,

I had forgotten the price significance of the all important word "Marine".  They sure are neat with that water bowel underneath.  I see some filters only on the net for the low $20s but that's still $30 by the time you get it home.  But then how many gallons a year am I going to run through this thing?  How many gallons do you think yours is good for?

I think I'm gonna stop by NAPA and WalMart and see what they can do for me before I bid but I'm curious what the gallons per cartridge is for you?

Thanks again for the heads-up.  I think I'll rename Camp Aloha to Camp Marine View.

Casey

vdubnut62

Casey, if you have access to a Tractor Supply company handy ( I'm not sure, they may be a Southern thing But do have a website)
they sell the Goldenrod filters and housings pretty reasonable.
Here is a link to just their Fuel filter list, you will have to look around a bit. They carry bases and spin on filters too for hydraulic apps.
(it'll work to filter fuel too)
The filters come in 10 and 20 micron also 1 micron IIRC.
Ron

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?storeId=10551&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&pageSize=20&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&error1=&ip_text=fuel+filter&ip_textHH=fuel+filter&ip_requestUri=ProductDisplay&ip_categoryId=&ip_mode=&ip_perPage=20
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

LowGear

Well, I've been on quite a chase since checking out Tractor Supply.  I've even been to Amazon where I ran into a filter kit for my NPR truck.   :o is the closest thing I could find to a light bulb going on.  I'm going to do some research on my NPR fuel filter and the Kubota tractor. 

Thanks for slowing down enough to do some smart thinking.  Pretty handy - one filter for two machines.

Casey