News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

RV appliances

Started by Henry W, November 25, 2019, 07:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

Appliances in the RV are holding up very well. The refrigerator  and gas range top ovens in the RV has been trouble free. I feel they would be a good fit for tiny homes. I can't hear the refrigerator operate at all. It can be operates by electric or propane.
I average refilling one 30 lb propane tank every 3 months. It's used pretty much for cooking.
I'll be posting more later.

Henry

LowGear

Hi Henry,

How do you heat your water?

Not to stray too far but do you understand why folks decide on tiny houses over travel trailers or small mobiles?

Casey

Henry W

Hi Casey, The water heater is a six gallon fast recovery unit. It can be operated by 120 volt, propane or by both at the same time. We learned to take showers without running out of hot water by just heating water with electric. Heating water with propane has only happened once when we lost power. I never tried heating water by using both electric and propane at the same time. I was told hot water recovery is very fast.

The way I understand why some folks decide on a tiny home are only from what I observed. Some tiny homes are built very nice by using top grade wood. I walked through some. But the cost on some are easily $50,000.00 or more. It attracts people that want something different than a small mobile home or RV. There are also some places the will not allow living in an RV permanently. I'm fortunate that it's not the case where I live. In most part some folks read up on the tiny homes and than want to try it and see if it's for them. I feel if Folks were considering to purchase a tiny home I would recommend buying an RV and live in it for a year and see if it's for them before before purchasing one.