New machine provides power, water and refrigeration

Started by Jedon, May 05, 2010, 10:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedon

billswan

That's very interesting I have wondered about using a gas turbine driving a generator in a chp setup.

Don't know much about gas turbines like if a bigger load hits the gen what would a governor look like and how would it increase power output of the turbine?

I wounder if a turbine could be fueled with waste motor oil?

Billswan

16/1 Metro DI at work 900rpm and 7000watts

10/1 Omega in a state of failure

Westcliffe01

Exotic materials + lost wax casting + 5 axis machining and polishing + fancy heat exchangers + fancy governor + fancy fueling system means that this is likely to stay in the military arena where it costs $1million/troop/year to stay in business.  Stationary turbine applications of the appropriate scale, based on engines being produced in quantity have been perfected about as far as it is going to go.

When they talk of producing water, I am assuming they mean by condensation from the air ?  That is certainly possible, but in a desert environment with inherently low humidity and often high altitude, that is an insanely inefficient way to do things.  If you do that with energy collected by solar PV cells, that may be one thing, but if you are going to burn jet fuel to do that, the mind simply boggles...
Bought 36 acres in Custer County Colorado.  Now to build the retirement home/shop