News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Surprise surprise!

Started by Equine, December 27, 2010, 05:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Equine

Indeed I was QUITE surprised when I found out that in my little country there exists a company that actually sells (and maybe manufactures) a Lister(oid) driven cogen system! Actually several types!

Here's a picture of their system:

I already sent them an e-mail, but I might call them soon. I asked about pricing , and also , to discuss a visit to their demonstration farm, where I could take a look at one of these up close! It's pretty exciting :).

Here's a link to their site, with a diagram of the system, and a list of systems they have, it's in Hungarian, but I think you'Ll understand most of it. Ask away if you don't! I'll gladly translate :)

Bah, I forgot the link!

http://cropell.hu/crofter.html

veggie

Nice find Equine. Very interesting.
No doubt it's an Indian Listeroid.
I noticed that they also sell seed presses and wood pellet mills for pellet stove fuel.
Please share any info that you find regarding the CJP system.

veggie

vdubnut62

Oh man, this is so unfair! :'(
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Equine

Well I'm not very optimistic about their prices! I imagine these systems are quite expensive. But they still might provide me with some valuable "intel".

rl71459

can they export to the USA?.... Probably a rediculus question...

Rob

Equine

I can ask! But aren't there Listeroid (or other slow speed engine) based cogen sets for sale in the continental US? Surely it's cheaper to get one of those than to get one of these there! But since I don't know any prices yet, it's a bit pointless to talk about this I guess :D. I'll get back to you once I know something. They probably won't respond until after new year's eve.

rl71459

I was just curious... I'm not looking to buy anything right now. Part of the reason why I ask is because of the EPA ban on listeroids right now in the USA/Canada. I do not know if an assembled product has the same restrictions? Possible Loop Hole?

Rob

Equine

Hmm, you have a point there. I don't know much about this EPA business in the US/Canada, as i don't live there, but it does sound bad. They shouldn't ban types of engines, they should instead encourage biofuels...but ah well.

Equine

A little update:
http://www.greenenergy.hu/rep/download/pecsprogram/Ferencz_Akos_HU.pdf
The above link provides a couple more pictures, if you're interested.

And some more info about their systems:
Basically they are using the prototype to power and heat their home. The prototype is driven by WVO, but it also works with a WVO+gas mixture. I don't know if they actually turn WVO into biodiesel, I found no mention of that so far. They import the engines (tailored to their specifications), and they assemble the systems here, in Hungary.

Still waiting for their response, I'll probably call them tomorrow.

Equine

Much more info:

I just got off the phone with the guy selling these systems. Turns out he also sells engines separately. A 6 HP engines with a metal frame, costs around 3000 USD. Their complete system with a 1 kW DC and a 3 kW AC generator + starter motor + a 300 liter tank with a heat exchanger + exhaust heat exchanger + fuel tank is about 5300 USD. They had no problems using WVO, after proper filtering. Some of his customers also used WMO without problems. The injector has to be cleaned periodically, and the piston rings replaced. The engine has a bore insert, which can also be replaced.
Basically a complete system with an oil press, filters, tanks, the genset, etc, is around 9500 USD. But it will provide electricity and heat (the end product from the press is oil + pellets) from a rather cheap source of fuel.

So yea, it's not something I'll buy any time soon :D Still I'll go and visit them and take a look, as I'm quite interested.

Tom Reed

Engines have sure gone up in price. I paid $995 in '05 for mine.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

LowGear

Be careful!  Kicking tires can be an expensive hobby.

Can you pop over to jolly old Britain and get the real thing?  You're pretty close. 

Casey

Equine

Well since I found these old horizontal engines here in Hungary, which rev in the 850-1200 RPM range, and sell for under 300 USD it might be a bit of an overkill to hop over to the UK and bring one back. I figure the freight costs alone would be rather high. But I did thought about it actually! Also it would be nice to have an original Lister of course :).

oiler

Perhaps you could find a good decent horisontal and ship it my way....Denmark
Lister Startomatic 6/1 to be restored
Lister D 1937
Lister LT1

Equine

Hey!

Well there are quite a few for sale, and they are relatively cheap. Depends on what you need :D.