News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

ST 7.5kw availability

Started by hikerjohnson, November 23, 2021, 06:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hikerjohnson

Hi folks, I've tried a couple of the generator distributors, as well as some reasonable googling; doesn't seem like ST heads are available in the US anymore.  Is this so?  If not, does anyone know where I can find a 7.5kw unit?  looking to mate it up to my changfoid.

Henry W

Contact Central Georgia Generator. They might have them at their sister location.

https://centralgagenerator.com/

hikerjohnson

Went to them first off; none in stock and no projected re-stock date.

Henry W

Hikerjohnson,
The reason none are available is, not to long ago a shipping container used to cost $2,000.00 to ship to the Georgia It now costs $16,000.00 to ship a shipping container to Georgia. I would guess that shipping prices will not stabilize any time soon. Three 5kw ST heads are available and once they are gone it will probably be some time before more are imported.

I will send you a PM.

Henry

32coupe

Looks like Tom has a 3 and a 5 listed on eBay.

hikerjohnson

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback.  Wasn't knocking GA generator by any means, I figured with the state of the world, being out of stock was a situation that wouldn't change too soon, due exactly to the reasons mentioned.  Henry, thank you for your PM, I will reach out to Tom in the next week or so.

mobile_bob

Fox business reported that an empty container from china now cost 28k bucks to ship

i think that covers anything from empty to packed full of product, but holy crap 28 grand?

that adds up quick, its one thing to divide that by a million ink pens, but quite another when it comes to larger items

those mini trucks from japan?  i think they can stack 7 in a 40ft container, so the shipping alone adds 4 grand to the price.

this mess we are in globally will have some long lasting consequences i fear.

bob g

vdubnut62

The mini trucks come on a dedicated vehicle transport, not in containers.
My Son In Law has imported several in the last few months. My Supercharged Subaru was about 1400 bucks to get herea few weeks ago.
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous