News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

manual 3way valve-heat rated

Started by wilson, April 27, 2010, 09:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilson

Looking for a 1/4 inch Manual 3 way selector switch valve heat rated for 200F for switching between svo/diesel tank?  The packing in my current 3-way is only rated to 160F, dont want packing to break apart and get stuck in IP.   

vdubnut62

Wilson, this is just a WAG, but can't you repack with teflon impregnated string/rope type stuff from Lowes?
I used  some recently on my outdoor frost free spigot. I know that it wasn't hot but, the teflon should handle the temp.
Just a stab in the dark.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

highwater

Hi wilson
Perhaps a small peace offerering..........

http://www.saturnsurplus.com/miscpage/miscpage.htm

Scroll down just a little, and there is a 3way fuel valve. Not much info there.
I have never ordered from them, just remembered seeing it there.

Randall

rcavictim

Quote from: highwater on April 27, 2010, 09:38:34 PM
Hi wilson
Perhaps a small peace offerering..........

http://www.saturnsurplus.com/miscpage/miscpage.htm

Scroll down just a little, and there is a 3way fuel valve. Not much info there.
I have never ordered from them, just remembered seeing it there.

Randall

That's a deal.  I have a couple of those in use as fuel valves and inside they use a white nylon or similar rotating shaft with rubber o-rings I think to seal the shaft.  Might handle 100 C just fine.  Definitly worth grabbing one and trying it.  If it works grab a couple more.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

billswan

That's quite an interesting surplus site, think everyone should have the 7th item from the top, Tank Commander Enclosure it's only 125$ ;D :o ;D

Hope it's bullet proof :o

Anyone know if T19 from the old LEF is a member here? He might appreciate one ;D

Billswan
16/1 Metro DI at work 900rpm and 7000watts

10/1 Omega in a state of failure

bschwartz

I just placed an order for 3 of the valves.  There is a glitch on their website when entering your credit card info.  When asking for your ccv code on the back of the CC, you need to enter two leading 0s for it to work.  At least that is what the salesman said when I called.  So if your CCV number is 766, enter it as 00766.

Definitely a site I'll be checking more.
- Brett

Metro 6/1, ST-5 - sold :(
1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
1950s ? Oilwell (Witte) CD-12 (Behemoth), ST-12
What else can I run on WVO?
...Oh, and an old R-170

Shipo

any idea what size they are, 1/4 or 3/8 ???
Changfa 195/10kw
Changfa 170R/3Kw
Onan 6.0DJE-3CE
Yanmar TS-105C/Winco 5.3KW

rcavictim

Quote from: Shipo on April 28, 2010, 07:42:59 AM

any idea what size they are, 1/4 or 3/8 ???

They look just like mine which are 1/4" NPT.
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

bschwartz

Just got my 3 in today.  They look GREAT!!  1/4" female.  They are sealed in individual canvas packets labeled January 1966!!!!  I don't think you can buy valves made this nicely anymore.  No cheap chinese junk here.
- Brett

Metro 6/1, ST-5 - sold :(
1982 300SD
1995 Suburban 6.5 TD
1994 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
1950s ? Oilwell (Witte) CD-12 (Behemoth), ST-12
What else can I run on WVO?
...Oh, and an old R-170

quinnf

Funny!  My two arrived yesterday.  Sealed, as you said, in canvas packaging with typewritten 1966 label.  Very nice quality, with detents.  

I don't care who you are, they don't make valves like that anymore.  

Only other source I found was www.jamestowndistributors.com, a marine supply outfit on the east coast, and they were $25.  Here be the link:
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=56223&familyName=Brass+3+Way+Fuel+Selector+Valve

Quinn