News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

1.25" exhaust flange

Started by JVD, March 28, 2013, 07:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JVD

anyone know of a source for 1.25" exhaust flange's.  I need one for my Kubota, to bolt up a Ford 6.0 EGR cooler.   

TimSR2

I'd just make one up from some 3/16 mild, and some tubing....  with a hacksaw and an axe file and a cordless drill and some  dry 7018... not so hard to do.  Ford 6.0 is "double plus un-good!"   

Henry W

Kubota engine dealers such as Engine Power Source will be able to help you.

Give Kubota a call: 847-955-2500 They will be able to set you up with an engine supplier/dealer in your area.

Henry

JVD

Quote from: TimSR2 on March 28, 2013, 11:15:34 PM
I'd just make one up from some 3/16 mild, and some tubing....  with a hacksaw and an axe file and a cordless drill and some  dry 7018... not so hard to do.  Ford 6.0 is "double plus un-good!"   

I'm leaning this direction.  I'm thinking i'll also need some sort of flexible tubing as i don't want the vibration to crack the exhaust. 

I know the 6.0 EGR system is not the best, but i found two in a scrap yard... Tested both and they don't leak.  I figure I'll run them till I stumble on something better.

Horsepoor

Last month I bought a two pack of 1 1/2 inch cast iron flanges for $17 just to have as spares. Grainger also sells a 1 1/4 inch version. Dont know if this design will work for your application but the price is good for two.

https://www.grainger.com/Grainger/TACO-Flange-2KGW5?Pid=search

Henry W

Quote from: JVD on March 28, 2013, 07:14:00 AM
anyone know of a source for 1.25" exhaust flange's.  I need one for my Kubota, to bolt up a Ford 6.0 EGR cooler.   

I might have an exhaust flange put away. If you can give me the engine model and the flange bolt hole dimensions on the exhaust manifold I can see if I can match one up.

Henry

JVD

Thanks for the offer, but i'll just use the one for the Taco pumps (thanks for pointing me in that direction)

Another thought however:  I'm thinking I may need some flex pipe between this exhaust and the heat exchanger.  This kubota moves around a lot, and the rig will be on a truck... With how hard it is to find a 1.25" flange, I'd hate to crack the exhaust.

is it necessary?  Where can I find some 1.25" flex pipe?

Henry W

I used this company in the past. They did make up flex pipes with exhaust flanges and custom bends at one time. I am not sure if they still do.

If they still do, this might be the easiest way to get everything done at one time. You might also have a much better made product that will be hold up to the vibration of the engine better, and last longer.

Give them a call and ask for Mark: 352-365-6314

http://powertech.myshopify.com/collections/flexpipes

Henry