News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Parts

Started by Tom T, March 23, 2013, 08:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom T

Any one know of a Metro dealer in the US I have found one not in the US that is checking to see if he can get them for me no others answer my emails one on ear tried but had nothing so any help? Tom T

Horsepoor

I dont know if Sam Crosby is still selling but his contact information is: http://www.metropwr.com

Sam Crosby      Cell phone (207) 371-2521
gotts@gwi.net
Gotts Cove Marine
79 Moore Turnpike, George Town, ME 04548

Tom T

Thanks will check him out. Tom T

deeiche

the web site is dead, the last good archive.org backup of the site comes from May 2010, but maybe he still has parts
Metro Diesel Engines

Quote from: Horsepoor on March 24, 2013, 12:53:21 AM
I dont know if Sam Crosby is still selling but his contact information is: http://www.metropwr.com

Sam Crosby      Cell phone (207) 371-2521
gotts@gwi.net
Gotts Cove Marine
79 Moore Turnpike, George Town, ME 04548

BruceM

I have a Metro 6/1.  Nothing special about them - similar quality as the other branded clones, Metro has no lower sump in the crankcase.  I would suggest looking at the other Listeroid/parts vendors, as all brands get parts from the same small shops in Rajkot, India.

mobile_bob

i think he might be looking for metro petteroid parts

bob g

Tom T

I have a Metro 20/2 so far nothing. Tom T

mobile_bob

Tom

that is the petteroid twin cylinder isn't it?

if so you might email George at utterpower, he probably doesn't have anything but
he likely will know who you can contact for parts

what kind of parts do you need?
if it is small parts they can mail them to you direct from india for a very reasonable cost.

bob g

Tom T

Yes  Bob it is the petteroid got n answer from George and India said they could not dael with me because I was not a dealer no answer as to  who is. I need head gaskets., Tom T

BruceM

Check with GasketsToGo.com 
Great outfit, I had a custom head gasket for an unknown 3 cylinder diesel made by them- tricky with both steel and copper inserts...they did a fabulous job, for a great price.

mobile_bob

+1 for gasketstogo.com

that dude is as good as it gets, he will work with you and get you a superior product
far better than any chinese or indian made crap in my opinion.

he pulled me out of a bind, and i have never forgotten him.

bob g

Tom T

Gaskets to go  did not answer my email.  Tom T

BruceM

The owner also answers email so don't be discouraged if it takes a day. Their service is excellent.

Carlb

I have also dealt with Gaskets to go and they were good gaskets and a good price.
My Projects
Metro 6/1  Diesel / Natural Gas, Backup Generator  
22kw Solar in three arrays 
2.5kw 3.7 meter wind turbine
2 Solar Air heaters  Totaling 150 Sq/Ft
1969 Camaro 560hp 4 speed automatic with overdrive
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe 6 speed manual transmission