In search for a good reliable CNC Machine shop that will do small jobs for us.

Started by Henry W, November 08, 2009, 08:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

I believe it is time to post an add and try to find a good reliable CNC Machine Shop that would like to do small jobs for us. Any ideas on how to handle this would help. Who knows, They might like to get involved with the group.

Henry

Apogee

Henry,

You might consider giving Glen at Limited Productions a call.

He does outstanding work as we use him for all sorts of custom machined stuff.  I'm sure he's not the cheapest, but his work is consistently top-notch.

Tell him Steve from Hobi Labs sent you when you call. (And no, I don't get any perks from this, he simply does a great job for us and has for many years)

Limited Productions
12894 NE 15th Pl, Bellevue, WA
(425) 635-7489‎

Regards,

Steve

Henry W

grinder

Hi there,

I know of a shop that may meet your needs. I am new to these engines, and after a lot of lurking and considering the possibilities, I decided that I should get one and set it up for power outages. Judging by the posts I have seen here and there, the engines need some TLC (read:machine work) to increase their reliability. Now I just need to figure out where to get one!
   (If interested in the shop I mentioned, shoot me an email!)

Cheers

grinder

DRDEATH

Henry good morning.  I just saw this post and I am not sure if you would be intrested in doing your own work. I know a guy in Huston who owns a very large scrap yard who buys out dated machines for todays standards. He get all kinds of metal working machines from large industrial shops that up grade. Then he takes parts to make the machines very workable then sells them to Mexico. You might find out owning a machine might not cost as much as you think. Then you could have the satfication of doing it yourself. Just an idea. PM me if intrested and I will forward his name and number. Mike
As long as Breast Cancer Kills, I will support the battle. Please help support your local chapters.

billswan

Quote from: hwew on November 08, 2009, 08:35:21 AM
I believe it is time to post an add and try to find a good reliable CNC Machine Shop that would like to do small jobs for us. Any ideas on how to handle this would help. Who knows, They might like to get involved with the group.

Henry

Ok what kind of parts?

I have a friend that runs a small machine shop that has several large CNC machines. He is always looking for jobs to augment his income.

He is located in southern Minnesota.

The programing to make the first part is VERY time consuming so I am not to sure if it may be cost effective though?

If you would want his contact info PM me.

Billswan
16/1 Metro DI at work 900rpm and 7000watts

10/1 Omega in a state of failure