News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Changfa S195M IDI head gasket

Started by flywheel, December 27, 2009, 07:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flywheel

Changfa S195M IDI head gasket from parts kit supplied with new engine.  This gasket is identical to the Changchai S1100A2NM IDI head gasket.  All the head gaskets I have listed are from spare parts kits supplied with new engines. 

I can only assume they are the correct ones until I have to change a head gasket on the engines listed, then I will know for certain.

I do know the Redstone gasket is the correct one for that engine as I have had it apart already.
                                                                                                                                   flywheel
Never met a diesel engine I didnt like.

veggie

That's the same gasket that came with my S195 DI engine ?

veggie

mobile_bob

well veggie, you either got the wrong gasket with your engine, or
your engine was built using the idi liner, which would be no problem in my opinion.or
your engine has the di liner which is flat topped and they used the idi gskt, which will
be a bit too big at the bore, lowering compression a bit, but otherwise probably won't cause a problem.

no way to tell for sure till you lift the head

bob g

Henry W

Quote from: veggie on December 27, 2009, 08:51:52 PM

That's the same gasket that came with my S195 DI engine ?

veggie

Hello Veggie,

Were you able to check the edge of the head gasket that is on your engine. We are curious to find out if it has a copper shell or not. If it is copper it would tell us that you got the wrong spare gaskets with your engine.

Henry

veggie

Henry,

Scratched it but did not see any copper color.
If anything, it looked silver metalic. ?

veggie

mobile_bob

well that narrows it down to two options

either you have the stepped liner that is typical of the NA idi engine's, which is ok by me

or you have a flattop liner typical of other di engines, and they used the idi gskt, which will work
i guess but will result in slightly lower compression.

i bet you got the stepped liner

bob g

veggie

Well....
I guess we'll know for sure after I run this slow speed engine for a while and then pull the head for inspection.

veggie

Henry W

Yea that does narrow it down. My guess is also what Bob said. It looks like you have a stepped liner.

I also blew up your picture of your head with the injector and noticed a bit of white or silver so the copper gasket is ruled out.

You definetly have a DI S195 though :)

Henry

vdubnut62

That also looks identical to the gasket on my IDI Xing Dong 1100. No copper there either. The center hole is 4.125.  And it has the stepped liner.I have a gasket on order from changfagaskets.com I hope it's the correct one!
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous