Kubota EA330, EA300 and EB300 engine base plate drawing.

Started by Henry W, January 23, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

Update: 9/26/2021

This topic has a drawing and a picture to aid on I stalling the Kubota EA330, EA300 and EB 300 engines to a base.
I'm not sure if this info will work on a Kubota EL300.

Henry W

I found out the four mounting holes are 9mm. M8 bolts are the recommended size to fasten the engine.

Another thing I just found early this week is, the EA330 has two holes drilled on the bottom to accept dowel pins to keep the engine aligned. But I found out the holes were drilled to accept 11mm dowel pins. ::) As of this time I have not found 11mm dowel pins. I guess I might have to get some drill rod and make some.

All these years I never knew there are dowel pin holes on these engines. I think it was a good idea on Kubota's part to machine them but it would of been nice to use a common size like 12mm. Installing dowel pins should keep the engine aligned nicely, and regular checks of alignment should be reduced.

I posted the pictures below if there is any interest. I think the EA300 engine might have provision to have dowel pins installed. One is a drawing with measurements to aid in the installation.

Must be logged in to see pictures:

Henry

SteveU.

HI Henry
Try measiring up the unthreaded portion of some of the cut verses rolled threaded botls shanks for your 11 MM rod stock.
I've had to true 11mm clearance drill for some of these.

Regards
Steve Unruh
"Use it up. Wear it out. Make do. Or do without."
"Trees are the Answer" to habitat, water, climate moderation, food, shelter, power, heat and light. Plant, grow, and harvest more trees. Then repeat. Trees the ultimate "no till crop". Trees THE BEST solar batteries. Now that is True sustainability.

Henry W

I did find a piece of 11mm annealed O1 tool steel, this should work fine.

Henry