News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

lead on inverter(s) available

Started by mobile_bob, October 09, 2016, 06:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

there is a seller listing exeltech mx series pure sine wave inverters on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exeltech-Mx-Series-N-1-Redundant-Expandable-Inverter-System-NSN-6130015361815-/272384312103?hash=item3f6b5ec327:g:TF0AAOSwYIxX4ogD

these are in my opinion, if not the best of the best, surely in the top two or three inverters made by anyone on the planet
these are 24volt front end versions, with rated 117vac 60hz outputs, with an installed capacity of 4kwatts.

these also have two control cards, (you only need one to operate, the other is redundant)  the mx series is pure sine wave, with a 3 second surge rating of 2.2 times rated output or nearly 10kw surge.

it has been a while since i talked to the companies service and engineering department, maybe 5 or 6 years, back then they were exceptionally easy to talk to, and best of all the warranty is about second to nobody as they will fix any mx series inverter for a flat fee of 100 dollars (5 or 6 years ago).

the setup in the picture has two control cards, which set the 60 hz thing, leaving the other 4 units(ones with the little round fans) to do the muscle work of inversion without having to also create and coordinate with the four inverters the 60hz.

each of the 4 inverters are hot swappable, meaning if one were to fail, you can pull it out while the system remains running and install another, or send it in for repair, and run along with one short until it comes back, at reduced output of course.

these are american designed and american made, dallas/ft worth texas last i heard.

military and telecom's like these units.

the mean time before failure is rated at 22 years, the new version reportedly is over 40 years.

so for the money these are very hard to beat in my opinion.

also fwiw

i have several kwatts of these units in the 48volt version,

if anyone wants to buy one of the 24v units off of ebay, i would be happy to swap it for a 5kw, 48volt version.  
the units i have are in larger cases, to accomodate the additional inverter unit.

an i would offer the same warranty as the ebay seller on one of my units.

just wanted to get this info out to folks, as i know there are those that are looking for inverters, and the exeltech mx series is a seriously good piece of equipment that would cost over 3-4times the listed ebay price.

lots of info available on exeltech's site for more information.

if anyone is interested in a swap, let me know, as i have been looking for a 24volt version for some time now.

fwiw
bob g