News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Micro Changfa

Started by Henry W, May 31, 2022, 03:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

Hey guys,

When I get so old that I can't do any more builds. And, if I have to go to a retirement home I think I want one of these. This is one engine that  I will fight to the end that the EPA will not be allowed to take.

https://www.stirlingkit.com/products/cison-l100-diesel-engine-evaporative-cooling-4-stroke-single-cylinder-gasoline-engine-model

keith71

Ran pretty good with no oil in it for about 40 seconds at 3/4 throttle.
Kubota D722
10HP Diesel Air cooled 186fa yanmar clone                                                         
12/2   Field Marshall CS Lister clone
 R170 Jiangdong  (needs some work)

Henry W

The person ran it with no oil. What a nut! In the end it was ran with the crankcase cover plate. But, was oil in it?

A micro ST style head would be cool.

Probably can use a small permanent magnet DC motor from a toy.

keith71

It looks like it has a large oil sump pan also. Pretty neat
Kubota D722

veggie

As you get old, you can still play with big horsepower.
Just string 47 of these little engines together ... one at a time ... for 10HP total !!

mobile_bob

you can string them together with rubber bands!

i wish they made a glowplug version, that would be pretty cool

bob g

Henry W

Nitro model airplane fuel.

I bet there is a glowplug that will fit in there.

How about a micro blower (super charger).

keith71

Kubota D722

keith71

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjGmrttKblM   
And no we do not need a micro engine sub forum :)
Kubota D722

Henry W

A micro engine sub forum will not be happening here.

Keith, thanks for posting the clips. Very interesting. Someone has too much time.

If I had that much time and money I would build one that would at least put out a 1000 watts.

keith71

Quote from: Henry W on June 02, 2022, 07:28:13 PMA micro engine sub forum will not be happening here.

Keith, thanks for posting the clips. Very interesting. Someone has too much time.

If I had that much time and money I would build one that would at least put out a 1000 watts.
Quote from: Henry W on June 02, 2022, 07:28:13 PMIf I had that much time and money I would build one that would at least put out a 1000 watts.

Exactly what I was thinking. 750-1000 watts. But that guy who built that Changfa definately has some skills. And time.
Kubota D722

Henry W

That person has more time to spend on such projects than I have.

Yes, he definitely has skills. I watched some of his clips. It looks like he has a small CNC.

He does real nice work.