News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Where to buy these ?? Perm Mag Generator

Started by veggie, February 18, 2015, 12:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veggie

Does anyone know where these types of permanent magnet "close coupled" alternators can be sourced ??

cheers,
veggie

Tom Reed

They are used in backup generators in the telecommunications industry.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

SPSInc

veggie

SPSInc

My website is www.shawneepower.com

I don't have any information on the PMG alternators themselves. I haven't been selling them as individual components just used in complete generator systems. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Eric

buickanddeere

ebay has vendors selling converted, re-wound automotive alternators with PM rotors.

Hugh Conway

A while back, I ran into this link for PMGs manufactured in Poland.
I do not know anything about them other than what is presented on their website.
http://pmg-technology.com/oferta/
They are custom made, the price is given on the site for many variations and capacities.

I am using an Utterpower PMG in my off-grid set-up, Have only about 1000hrs run time on my 3Kw unit, but it preforms flawlessly, can and has put out a measured 3850 watts on several occasions for a half your at a time when I was running direct to loads, bypassing my inverter/charger.
One of the best features is that there are no electronics involved. Voltage and Frequency are determined by RPM without the use of any kind of voltage regulator. There is nothing to fail except bearings, they are over engineered for continuous/critical use. Unfortunately they are no longer being manufactured. I bought on of the originals. Several years later, after end of production, I wrote to George B. on the off chance that he had another kicking around.......he did. I have that one belted up to a Dursley 6/1 Startomatic engine to power my workshop.
Wish those were still available, as they have served me well and without issue.  Maybe these Polish units are as good, just know nothing else about them.

Cheers,
Hugh
JKSON 6/1 Utterpower PMG off grid
Lister SR2 with Newage Stamford 9.4Kw gen.....project
Lister 6/1 Start-o-Matic.........project

Derb

You can make your own using a Fisher and Paykel washing machine motor. I have found the washing machines can be had free from a rubbish dump and all the instructions to rewire the poles are available on google. Honestly if I can do it anyone can. It is an absolute doddle. The voltage is controlled by revs of unit so it is dead easy to set speed up via belts/pulleys for speed and feed the 3 phase PM output through an "El-Cheapo" rectifier and either use a solar controller or feed directly into an inverter to create your 110 or 230 supply. Apart from being cheap (free) and plentiful, you can "stackem up" to suit your needs. Have a look on google - heaps of sites on this subject.
Derb.
Kawerau
Bay of Plenty
New Zealand
Honda EU20i
Anderson 2 HP/Fisher & Paykel PM conversion
Anderson 3.5 HP
Villiers Mk20
Chinese 6500 watt single phase 4 stroke