Main Menu

Nobrush by georator

Started by dsljim, November 27, 2011, 01:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsljim

Is anybody using one of these?
Could it be used to make DC? Thank You!

EBI-WPO

They are typically used to change frequency, as from 60 to 400hz (what I am familiar with). They are usually a motor/generator configuration, but I can't see the rest of your unit/tag to be sure. Most of the time they are used as a quiet, self contained, standby convertor to run something of unusual frequency. No reason they could not be rectified, but no benefit as multiple conversions cost in efficiency.

Of course, your unit MAY be something different, made by the same company. More/better pics of unit and tag would be helpful.

Terry
To have B.S. aimed at you is an insult to your intelligence......To have B.S. spread about you is an insult to your character.....Neither should be tolerated willingly.   EBI-WPO 2010

Lloyd

Quote from: dsljim on November 27, 2011, 01:02:36 PM
Is anybody using one of these?
Could it be used to make DC? Thank You!

I'd say you got yourself one hell of a piece of equipment there,  depending on which end of the horse ya got.

Here is the manufactures site http://www.georator.com/ProductPermanentMagnet.html

They more then likely will be able to proved any support you need.

Lloyd

found this

Georator 37-210 6.25 kva 50 Hz, 120/240 output, either single or three phase, now set up for single. 10 HP, 220/440/60/3 input 750#    $1,950

http://www.emcgrath.com/catalog/volt/volt.html

JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

dsljim

This was used by an electric shaver company exporting to a country with 50 cycle electric so they could test the shavers before shipping them.
On their site they call them permanent magnet generators,I was curios if I could use a charge controller to go from the AC to DC to charge a battery bank ?

dsljim

Thank You! Mine is 6.25 kva also,  it's kinda hard to really the top line.

EBI-WPO

This link
http://www.georator.com/used-equipment.html
Second, third, and fourth item is what I am familiar with (vertical, common shaft), but if it is like the pic that Lloyd found, it is very similar to the old Kato Motor/generator line. Look on the Georator link (without the used equipment switch) and you will find a lot of Kato looking devices, many of which are brushless w/exciter. Hope the link helps.

Terry
To have B.S. aimed at you is an insult to your intelligence......To have B.S. spread about you is an insult to your character.....Neither should be tolerated willingly.   EBI-WPO 2010

Lloyd

Quote from: dsljim on November 27, 2011, 04:58:46 PM
Thank You! Mine is 6.25 kva also,  it's kinda hard to really the top line.

Let us see a picture of the complete unit that you have...I can't tell if you have the motor or the generator. I am assuming it's the generator(alternator) which could be used as a charger but your going to need to rectify the output.

If it's the generator, and it's 400 hz you will need a choke, but it will be smaller then if it's the motor running at 50 hz.. To bad it's a single phase, instead of a 3 phase out put.

Still you will need a way to control the charge to the bats...Which means a buck transformer, and  like Marcus used...in the way of an Outback, Xantrex, or Midnight Solar charge controller.

Lloyd
JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

dsljim

It's a 37-210 just that the regulator is mounted on top instead.
Basler  KR4F regulator 60 Hz 120-600 volts
                                            50. Hz 100-500 volts
Range and stability adjustments built in and a large rheostat connected to the 2 terminals labeled volts adjustment
Input and sensitivity 2 terminals each jumped together see picture.
The generator is three phase but currently wired and regulated for single. My plan is to go DC. And I think I would be further ahead with a different generator, any thoughts?