Will a witte run 24 hrs on to 2 gal of diesel

Started by otto, April 12, 2013, 08:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowGear

I'd say that this seller is not incumbered by the truth.  And at $5000 nor by reality of any kind.

The 7.5 KW says CD.  

Casey

deeiche

I saw that CL ad earlier today.  I did not like the all one color look.

Thob

Oh but it's that magic gold color!  It doubles the price and cuts the fuel consumption by 10x!

There's another one for sale on enginads:

http://www.enginads.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/81538/cat/2

Witte 98RC Gas burner - Kubota D600 w/ST7.5KW head.
I'm not afraid to take anything apart.
I am sometimes afraid I'm not going to get it back together.

LowGear

Hi Thob,

This one shows to be a KD.  The specs from the tags shows it to be pretty much like the BD I have.  I sure wish mine was the intake on the top design.  I think these are pre war (WWII).  But the external push rods just wouldn't get very far here in Hawaii.

Casey

mobile_bob

Casey

you just need to pack em in axle grease!

;)

bob g

LowGear

Hmmmmmm,

I though grease held onto dirt.  We don't have nearly as much dust as we have grit.  Planet building can be some pretty messy activity.

I think what really pushed me over the edge was the "Made in aMerica" sticker.

The myth I hear the most is that these engines were built primarily for oil field service and not the military.  There's just something oxymoron about external push rods or external anything and GIs.  My motor pool crew wanted to weld the hoods shut on everything and to do all maintenance one a repair as needed basis.  Their feeling was that most machines would last much longer with the "help" of the ever curious GI.

Casey

Thob

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it was another of the exact same thing for sale - just another Witte Dieselectric. 

Yes, I'd prefer enclosed push rods as well.  Yet the Fairbanks Morse (gas) engines run with an exposed push rod (and exposed valve stems) for many years on oil rigs.  I was thinking you'd want to get them chrome plated for use in Hawaii  ;D
Witte 98RC Gas burner - Kubota D600 w/ST7.5KW head.
I'm not afraid to take anything apart.
I am sometimes afraid I'm not going to get it back together.