Witte Diesel 12 hp model MD dieselectric plant

Started by flywheel, March 23, 2011, 10:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcavictim

Quote from: flywheel on December 21, 2011, 05:46:14 PM
Quote from: jljantz on December 21, 2011, 12:37:22 PM
am looking for head gasket for witte 12hp diesel generator serial # 23674 noticed a post about a company that makes them but no contact info. Can you help me.

Google any of the following.

www.gasketstogo.com

flywheel

That's something we never got to see was John Belushi wearing a togo made of gasket material.  :D
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

flywheel

Last year I bought a new panasonic SD600P high Def camcorder.  Never owned a camcorder so this is all new to me.  This video is the second video I made with it.  

This video was made in Feb of 2011,

There is no audio - I'm trying to learn how to use the camcorder.  I had to buy a video converter to change the format from AVCHD to Mpeg format  so I could post on youtube.  

I always timed out on youtube as the files were to large.  <iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-_7NfiO3nVk?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It is a walkaround showing the engine before it was taken apart for a rebuild.  
                                                                                                                             flywheel
Never met a diesel engine I didnt like.

vdubnut62

Oooooo, Ahhhhhh, Wow! ;D
Nice video and darn nice resolution, pretty slick old motor too. ::)
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Thob

Quote from: flywheel on January 04, 2012, 09:39:17 AM
... - I'm trying to learn how to use the camcorder. ...

You may have to break down and read the manual!  ;D

In the mean time, I'll wipe the drool off my monitor. I WANT ONE!
Witte 98RC Gas burner - Kubota D600 w/ST7.5KW head.
I'm not afraid to take anything apart.
I am sometimes afraid I'm not going to get it back together.

deeiche

Quote from: Thob on January 04, 2012, 01:51:13 PM
SNIP

There is a guy selling a similar Dieselectric setup in Albuquerque for $3k.  I talked to him a couple weeks ago, he said the engine was operational, but the generator was no longer hooked up.  He bought it from a ranch located near Eagle Nest, NM.

LowGear

Hmmmmm,

I had a fellow email me this morning about a 12.5 unit only it was in Arizona and priced at $2500.  I was going to look at it real hard before I helped him list it here.

LowGear

flywheel

Quote from: Thob on January 04, 2012, 01:51:13 PM
Quote from: flywheel on January 04, 2012, 09:39:17 AM
... - I'm trying to learn how to use the camcorder. ...

Its not the camcorder but the size of the file in HD.  That video was 576990 kb BEFORE it was converted from AVCHD to mpeg.  That video was also NOT produced in the camcorders finest quality setting.  I wonder how large the file would be in the 1080/60p setting, the highest quality video for this camcorder.   

flywheel

I suppose I should get back to reassembling the Witte sometime this winter.

LowGear

rl71459

The base in the background looks very nice also! I'll bet it's gonna be a good looking engine!

Nice Job