News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Automated generator control

Started by vdubnut62, March 29, 2010, 05:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdubnut62

When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

mobile_bob

i personally have no experience with the unit, but i seem to remember seeing some one having one in a panel on a lister
genset, but can't remember who or where.

for 69 bucks and shipping, might be a good solution for a lot of folks

thanks for the heads up

bob g

Crumpite

Wow, it sounds like one heck of a control system.
I just wonder if it can be programmed yourself, or if you need to return to the factory to change things.

Nice catch !
Daryl

vdubnut62

Look again Bob, that's 69 British pounds. little over $100 US. I just wonder what kind of sending units interface with it.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

mobile_bob

ya, i went back later and saw where that was brit pounds, even at abit over 100 bucks it looks pretty interesting

bob g

BruceM

The usual problem with these is that they can't handle very low rpms.  Study the manual and see if that's an issue for you.  (Perhaps it's not a low speed engine you're putting it on). 

If you find something that looks like a problem, send me a link and perhaps I can come up with a work around. 

vdubnut62

I'm going to try and make time this weekend, or maybe tonight if I don't have work, to dig into the manufacturers website and
see what  the particulars are. I'm gathering parts for Walla  Walla Xing Dong, 1800 rpm direct drive. I have rounded up  Panel Meters for
amps, volts, Hz, Hourmeter, engine temp and gauges for the 12 volt side, amps and volts.
Ron

BruceM

Most units will handle 1800 rpm OK.  The other compatibility  issue to look at is spark vs diesel and engine rpm sensing. 

vdubnut62

Here is the link to the manufacturers website, the control is cheaper from there than on Ebay! Go figure.
Looks to be fully configurable, but I think it has to be programed by the manufacturer unless someone has the ability to hack the thing.
Enjoy.
Ron

http://www.gencontrol.co.uk/