Raleigh/Durham and surrounding cities in North Carolina almost out of gas.

Started by Henry W, May 12, 2021, 08:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

This time reminds me of the oil embargo in the early to mid 1970's. People waiting two hours in line for gas. Long lines on highways. Peoples vehicle's running out of gas on the highways while waiting in line for gas.

Gas prices are on the rise. And soon we'll be paying more for food and other whole goods.

I'm waiting to see what our government is going to do about it.

Will they send a strong message to the ones responsible?

Was it smart for the government to stop the pipeline build?

What is the government going to do on building back up (redundant) energy supply systems to prevent this from happening again?

What is going to be next? Natural Gas pump stations that supply Cities? Power Grid? Cell Phones? Air traffic? Food?...

Are the current decisions that are being made by our government good for the country?

Are we better off now than the last 4 years?

Tom Reed

Lots of good questions there. It will be interesting to see what happens. Maybe we'll revert to being a constitutional republic.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

Carlb

I think this is all part of the plan to do away with fossil fuels.
My Projects
Metro 6/1  Diesel / Natural Gas, Backup Generator  
22kw Solar in three arrays 
2.5kw 3.7 meter wind turbine
2 Solar Air heaters  Totaling 150 Sq/Ft
1969 Camaro 560hp 4 speed automatic with overdrive
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe 6 speed manual transmission

vdubnut62

I will tell you exactly what "our" government will do, posturing, threats, increased legislation that will accomplish nothing that is was intended to.
In other words, not an effing thing.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous