News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

maybe cogen is resurging?

Started by mobile_bob, February 15, 2021, 05:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdubnut62

It was 12 here one morning last week Friday or Saturday. 23 this morning at 4:00am. This is in Tennessee! We are supposed to be in the South, which communicates visions of a warm temperate climate. Had so much ice Wednesday, on top of the ice from earlier in the week, we lost power for about 16 hours. I had the genny prepped but never did start it up :-[.
And that's the way it is here in Beautiful Baxter, Tennessee.
  Maybe I will finally get the cogen finished up and operational, heck it's only been what 4 years?
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Tom Reed

Was the no start due to the cold or other reasons?
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

LowGear

Hi Ron,

I can remember when my cogen project turned 10.  I lamented "Ah, To only be 4 years old again."

https://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/hvo/d/honaunau-bio-diesel-plant/7273154841.html

"Selling or giving something away is almost the same thing as finishing it."

Casey

I expect to spend the loss on double padded cotton socks.

vdubnut62

No Tom, sadly it was pure "ol laziness. I had propane backup heat and kerosene lamps, it was late and we gave it up and went to bed. :D
One has to babyset the Mighty Walla Walla Zing Dong to keep the cooling hopper topped up every few hours.
The power came back on the next day around 11am so I fired up the CPAP machine (Iron Lung) and slept some more.
Funny thing is I used to hate that machine! I cussed, fussed and railed against it, now I really can't sleep without it.

Casey I'll give you $200 bucks for it if you will deliver to TN! ;D

Ron.
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

mobile_bob

Ron said "heck it's only been what 4 years?"

man i understand completely, i think the trigen is 12 years? maybe older and i have never put it to its intended use.

so far we haven't had power outages that last long enough to be a problem and my wife is a saint, she never complains about anything (i am a lucky guy).

but i think all that will change with her, the first time we lose power for an extended period, without me having a backup generator running, with her having full knowledge that it isn't for the lack of iron! but me not getting around to it!

yup, i think it not only will be cold around her as evidenced by the thermometer, but maybe also a bit of frost on my side of the bed as well!  :)

focus bob, focus!

bob g