we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Slow speed diesel in a Volkswagen Beetle

Started by Henry W, February 13, 2021, 06:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

mike90045

Henry W

Very interesting. The process is a little crude but it's amazing what can be done with little resources.
By the way, does anyone know what engine is in that beetle? Someone spent lots of time on that Beetle project. I would of kept the Beetle original. Definitely different. Needs a flywheel guard though. For some reason I don't think that car is a chick magnet. Well, :) I could be wrong.

Here is an interesting clip a on large motor being rewound.
https://youtu.be/_65mXQ-GNVM

LowGear

Pretty amazing videos.  (Maybe a new section for postings?)

The Caddie front end is just what the VW project needed.  I was hoping for a couple of burn-outs though.

Really neat to watch a master of the hand craft.  The softness of the copper was really dramatic after it was heated up for the solder removal.  Too bad the two repair plants couldn't exchange videos.  I'd hope they both would hold each other in high regard.

DKMC

"Slow speed diesel in a Volkswagen Beetle" would make a great chorus in a folk song  ;D

vdubnut62

I thought that starter repair was the Pakistani truck YouTube channel. If you haven't checked it out, it is a great way to lose a day. Or more.
Talking about making something from nothing, those guys have it down pat.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous