News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

A little information please?

Started by vdubnut62, December 29, 2013, 08:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdubnut62

Anyone know anything at all about the Anil brand of engine? I have never even heard of it. I asked over on the "other" forum and got nada, so I thought I would give it a whirl here.
I would like to know if it's a faithful copy for parts availability, or is it one of the more bastardized versions. If it's unique and odd, that would kill my interest. Is 2 grand out of line for an unknown (to me anyway) quantity?
The engine is about 3 or so hours away from me so I am more than casually interested.
So.....anyone??
Thanks guys, Ron.
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

veggie

Ron,

It's a basic Listeroid.

- TRB bearings
- No TRB oil pump (So splash lube)
- External balanced flywheels (no counterbalance weights on the crank)
- Change over valve (COV)
If it has never run, the price is about right.
It would cost you that much to import one these days (if allowed)

Parts are the same as other roids, so many parts are still available here...
http://www.generatorsales.com/order/lister-parts.asp

good luck,
veggie

PS: If you don't like the COV, Cental Maine sells a Glow Plug that fits in the same hole for $39.95

vdubnut62

Thanks for the help! I guess now  I'll wait and  see how things work out.
Ron.
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous