News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Another Witte for sale

Started by vdubnut62, January 10, 2011, 06:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdubnut62

I wish I could figure a way to acquire this, but since I can't, maybe someone here can find a use for it.
Ron

http://www.enginads.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/45705/cat/all
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

mobile_bob

are you sure there is an engine in that pile of scrap?

looks like my garage!

bob g

flywheel

Quote from: vdubnut62 on January 10, 2011, 06:35:40 PM
I wish I could figure a way to acquire this, but since I can't, maybe someone here can find a use for it.
Ron

http://www.enginads.com/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/45705/cat/all

This engine has been on enginads several times that I know of.  I have already contacted him last time it was on.  Same picture each time, half buried in junk.  

Looks like I see a pulley on each end of the head but no exciter.

Only 140 miles from here,  he won't take more photos or furnish serial number, won't let me come to see it.  He wants to trade for large hit / miss engines.

That large vertical pipe on the top of the crankcase is the crankcase vent, it should have a breather only about 4 inches tall.  Makes me wonder if it has serious blowby problems and they vented thru roof or wall to get rid of the fumes.
                                                                                                                                                                         flywheel
Never met a diesel engine I didnt like.

LowGear

This looks like an early model of Witte diesel.  That is not a Witte generator like any I've seen (about five but they all look the same).  It doesn't have the safety shut down system on it either. 

Witte made more than one style of engine base / stand / pedestal.  Mine has a large oil reservoir in the base but a neighbors has both an oil and a fuel tank down there.

Casey

vdubnut62

He did price it at least once when he had it listed, but for the life of me I can't remember exactly how much. I'm pretty sure it was under 2k though.
And yes, that's the same pic, with the engine covered in junk.
But talk about buying a pig in a poke! It could either be a good deal or a parts Easter egg hunt nightmare.
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

deeiche

rm /