News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Listeroid killer from B&S

Started by veggie, January 06, 2010, 08:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veggie

Here's the newest entry into the slow speed (500 rpm), dual flywheel, single cylinder engine market.
Look out Listeroid.!  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhmZOuK5V4Y&feature=related

veggie

mike90045

The torque must be awesome, did you see the size of the baseplate?

veggie

I'd like to see that puppy hooked to an ST7 or an ST10 !  ;D

mobile_bob

too cool!
i guess it proves the old adage

where there is a will there is a way!

makes you wanna build one don't it?

bob g

vdubnut62

That's an old 2 1/2 or maybe 3 1/2 hp @ 3600 rpm. I doubt that at slow speed you would get much usable hp out of it.
Ron.
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

mobile_bob

i figure it might be good for a quarter hp or so, not much but if you don't need much
it might be a fun little engine

certainly can't put out much power, because it has no cooling system left

so it has to dissipate maybe 300watts/hr or so

i guess a muffin fan might be pressed into cooling duty, but there goes your hp

:)

bob g

mike90045

That's what the fella needs for his cancer project, an old motor with substantial flywheels.

vdubnut62

When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

BruceM

Ok, I'll bite.

So what sized 3600 rpm gas engine would I have to start with to get 6.5 hp at 650 rpm? 
And what will happen to it when I run it under a full load with my Listeroid flywheels?

Bent crank, right?

vdubnut62

Bruce, I would figure on having more problems out of the big end bearing than the crank.
I would really be something to have a casting available to build your own using maybe a 5.9 cummins piston and rod, or even one of the big boys....     Not sure what to do for a crank though.
I've even thought about sawing an old 2cyl Deere engine in half, but I believe that is a little above my skill set.
Ron.