News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Another project

Started by Tom T, November 23, 2014, 08:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom T

Just picked up another project just what I need  it is a Yamaha EF4000DUorVE does not run the carb is in a can not sure how much of it is there.It pulls through by hand so might get it to run may need another carb. Tom T

Henry W

Looking it up on line they seem like a very nice unit. :)

Tom T

It does look ok will try a carb from another engine just to see if it runs and charges if it does will put some money into it. It is big enough to run the well pump and some other stuff. Short term beforfiering up the diesel .

glort

Yamaha's are becoming popular here and are regarded as being on par with Honda at least.  The Jap engines seem to have it over most of the others excluding some of the european diesels  but they aren't near as popular as the small petrol engines.
I have heard a couple of the Yamaha Genns running and they were very quiet and the owners were very happy with them. Definately an engine worth the trouble to repair.

Henry W

I am impressed with Yamaha's 2000 watt inverter generator. It is very quiet. I am looking into one for the summer. To run cooling fans under the canapy to keep us cool during summer track. Its light and small enough to stuff away in the back of the Exterra. I agree with Glort about them becoming very popular. In some ways i like the Yamaha 2000 watt inverter generator over Honda's 2000 watt inverter generator.

Tom T

I have and use a 2000 Honda inverter it is very quit and good on gas if the Yamaha is equal or better it is a good unite but at $300 + for a carb  but have not priced one for the Honda it might be $600 +

Henry W

This is the one I been thinking of.
http://www.usesmartertools.com/AP-2000iQ.html
I looked at the Yamaha and Smarter-Tools  and they both look like they use the same  generator head.

Costco sells them for $599.99