we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Does this engine exist?

Started by BioHazard, March 10, 2012, 02:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andymil

Hi SteveU,

Thanks for the welcome.

My memory failed me again.  The engine is an in-line twin not a V-twin, and it is an overhead cam with an external timing belt.
I can't find the model number, only the 359 cc marking.  I'll try to get some pictures up when I start working on it.

AndyM

SteveU.

Hey AndyM it's all good man.
The tractor data site just says "twin cylinder" and does not say the configuration the cylinders are in.
They list the engine model as a GX360K1
Google searching this as "Honda GX360K1 watercooled engine" gives some good results:
A pay for European source for a factory illustrated parts manual
An excellent 9 minute YouTube video of an owner engine removal and tear down to remove a mouse nest (and shredded mouse) fouling up the belts and pulleys.
A video of a transmission tear down and overhaul
Must be a hundred sources for oil filters

Anyhow shows this engine is a horizontal shaft. AND does answer Mr Bio original question that a water cooled manufactured by a 1st world company adaptable engine does exist!

At 2kW/h your project does sound feasible to me. I do admit I know virtually nothing about overspeed motor generating though. Other here do and are doing this.

Regards
Steve Unruh
"Use it up. Wear it out. Make do. Or do without."
"Trees are the Answer" to habitat, water, climate moderation, food, shelter, power, heat and light. Plant, grow, and harvest more trees. Then repeat. Trees the ultimate "no till crop". Trees THE BEST solar batteries. Now that is True sustainability.