News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Fairbanks Morse - First smoke

Started by cschuerm, November 11, 2011, 05:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcavictim

Quote from: cschuerm on March 11, 2012, 03:39:27 PM
Sorry for the lack up updates on this project.  Reality reared it's ugly head and I've been working my tail off the last few months leaving little time for hobby projects.  Last weekend I finished up the carb and head install.  Decided to try starting the beast for a short test run before I put all the cooling system and stuff on just in case.  She fired on the second click of the impulse coupler and just purrred like a giant kitten!  That's a REALLY smooth engine.  Amazingly easy to start.  Just a squirt of gas in the primer cup then gently roll the flywheel past TDC until the mag trips and it just starts running.
One of these days I'll get around to finishing her up.  If I can figure out how, I'll upload a video clip.

chris

Chris,

That is great news about the engine.  In the picture of your Post #124 above I think it looks like a civil war cannon.  Maybe you should stack a small pile of black ornamental cannon balls next to it for show!   8)
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.