News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Gasoline storage

Started by BioHazard, April 12, 2011, 01:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cognos

... and he knows a half-full drum is far more hazardous than a full one... ;D

I don't store gasoline or propane or chemicals in a building attached to anything I care about - I'm too cognizant of the hazards. I have a separate fuel/chemical "bunker" - a flimsy steel shed that won't contain gases - or an explosion... the strong wall faces the house... ;D

LowGear

Vapors will kick your butt.  We used to play with gasoline in the driveway.  Kids nowadays setting around playing video games and learning nothing like how to get fire to jump from one puddle to another on a warm day as contrasted to a cool or cold one.  Or that you can throw a lit (SP?) cigarette butt inside a pan of gas in the Winter and laugh but not in the Summer.  Ah, the good old days.

55 gallons of anything is heavy.  25 is only cumbersome.

Casey

Tom Reed

Ah yes, that brings back of experiments with cousin using gasoline and chlorine tablets. Thankfully we have a merciful God!
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom

rcavictim

Quote from: Tom on April 13, 2011, 10:43:50 AM
Ah yes, that brings back of experiments with cousin using gasoline and chlorine tablets. Thankfully we have a merciful God!

What does this experiment do?  Powers the getaway car and leaves a trail of mustard gas?  :D
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

LincTex

I am going to store some gasoline in a propane container to keep it under pressure (Reid Vapor) and prevent contact to oxygen. I think it will work fine.
Metro 6-1 from Sam Crosby, 2007
Chang Chai 1110 - 18 HP

Tom Reed

Quote from: rcavictim on April 13, 2011, 10:48:26 AM
Quote from: Tom on April 13, 2011, 10:43:50 AM

What does this experiment do?  Powers the getaway car and leaves a trail of mustard gas?  :D
Just found this. It was a few decades ago, but I remember a very bright red glow that burned like a flare. Said cousin found his home in the Green Berets.
Ashwamegh 6/1 - ST5 @ just over 4000 hrs
ChangChi NM195
Witte BD Generator

Tom