News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

New Group and Changes

Started by admin, May 07, 2010, 11:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowGear

Dear Bob,

I don't read good so I only read stuff that really grabs my attention.  I guess not being able to contribute caught my attention.  Life:  If it's important to you then go for it.  I have "take no prisoner" programs.  Sometimes the dream is more important that dragging the whole gang along.  I won't quote what my wife calls me when I'm "On Mission".

"Research" to me suggests "hypothesis" - "testing" or data collection - "review" - "conclusion".  I suggest that "UMO as a fuel" is more like people talking story or quoting manufactures recommendations than research.  So I urge you to keep the SOMRAD section on mission and to urge your bi-members to keep their threads in the appropriate section.

I'm just caught up in the "makin lectricity" with the funny looking engines that look like they are from another era but make fine servants in todays world.  I live in Hawaii so if you find a use for the 70 or so percent of energy that is wasted on heat please bring it to my attention.  I am not offended by crayola drawings if they get my attention.

OHHHHhhhhh.  The Witte factory manual for the model DB specifically recommends against using motor oil as a fuel.  That same paragraph also recommends against using crude oil as well.  Now there is a bit of neat pseudo history about these single cylinder thumpers.

In closing I think a donation jar open to all members is still a good idea.  I do have some idea of the time and money it costs to keep this show on the road and I do have a wonderful time here learning and growing.  Sometimes I think it is the best therapy available.

Thank you,

Casey

LowGear

Staying on Task.  I'll post it over in "Waste Motor Oils".

Casey

lowspeedlife

Though I have not currently enrolled in the SOMRAD group I Am thinking about it, I am a little worried about the EPA using it as a list of "engines to collect" when & if they decide to, kind of like the BATF form "4473"  that the red army gathers from the hardware stores in the movie "Red Dawn" to  "collect" the firearms from the new "workers"  of the new russian province of "america", other than that i see no problem with the way the system is set up. If you want to join, then join, if not then don't. The info is still free to read, What's not to like about that? Hey Bob, can I send you $ 15.00 a year & still not be a member? Kind of like the best of both worlds to me !!

Scott R.

Old Iron For A New Age

DRDEATH

I am new to this forum but belong to other forums. I just happened to fall into this topic and this has caught my attention. It seems to be a pretty hot topic. I have a few cents worth opinions I would like to share that I have learned over the years.

First, it makes no difference if our government is right or wrong on decisions it makes it is still the government or some would say the final word.

Next, anytime some one challenges the decisions it has to be done on their playing fields. They tend not to listen to facts they choose to listen to words. (EPA)

If developing something such as a group of lets say experts to battle Big Brother why is this bad? No one of us could do this on our own. I may work in a high technical field but in the end I just want to lead a simple life.

I think the old saying nothing in life is free is pretty much true now as it was 100 years ago. Being able to be a part of something like this forum or any other forum for nothing is really being greedy. I am sure I would not have much to offer in the fight against Big Brother. Donating something towards this fight would be my gift and pleasure.

I dont expect this move to create any large problems because in the end I believe it will benefit everyone not only in this forum but who would like to be able to do thier thing without Big Brother telling them it is destroying the world. Thank you for letting me give my 2 cents worth. Mike

As long as Breast Cancer Kills, I will support the battle. Please help support your local chapters.