News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

YouTube video links

Started by AdeV, November 24, 2009, 05:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdeV

I've added a package to the forum which allows you to embed YouTube videos in your posts. Simply add a [­youtube­] [­/youtube­] tag pair, and paste the code for your video between the two.

For example, here's a video of a CS running on veggie oil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YArccvSb9s8

To embed this, I need the code (the bit after v=) between tags, like this:

[­youtube­]YArccvSb9s8[­/youtube­]

Which, when you hit Post or Preview, looks like this:

Hope that proves useful!
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

XYZER

Ok  I had to try it! Also how do you post a picture thumbnail and if one wants to view it a click on it will enlarge it....I missed that day of class ::)

Vidhata 6/1, Power Solutions 6/1, Kubota Z482

rcavictim

That's terrific!  Thanx AdeV!   8)

I guess I'd better sign up to U-toob.

XYZER,

Dem's pretty neat lawn ornaments.  Noisy but nice!
"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.

markste

It's looking very powerful generator. Great. ;D

Ronmar

Quote from: XYZER on November 24, 2009, 07:26:35 PM
Ok  I had to try it! Also how do you post a picture thumbnail and if one wants to view it a click on it will enlarge it....I missed that day of class ::)

Where do you upload your pics to?  I know photobucket has a linking option where it takes the picture you are working with and automatically creates the lines of HTML code for the option you desire, such as a clickable thumbnail(one of my favorites).  Thats how I do it...
Ron
"It ain't broke till I Can't make parts for it"

XYZER

Finally an asnwer.......3 years let see does it work?

Hmmm they don't give me the option.  HTML code....HTML thumb code but no clickable

Thanks Ronmar!.....
Vidhata 6/1, Power Solutions 6/1, Kubota Z482

Horsepoor

rcavictim

Trying a youtube link for first time.  Enjoy.  If this actually works...look out!  :D

Rob

I got a super deal at Princess Auto on a brand new 6 HP Launtop diesel (Yanmar clone) engine with electric start, missing the hand pull start assembly when they discontinued the product line a few years ago.  I also got a new 2500 watt, 3500 peak power gasoline generator, Powerfist (Princess' store brand) engine-generator head sub-assembly from a return which I was able to separate the 3600 RPM head from the engine by re-using the engine crankcase side cover and a portion of the crankshaft cut at the piston lower con rod counterweight to be the new pulley shaft.  The B-belt pulleys are sized to run the engine at a leisurely 2700 RPM (peak torque point) which maximizes efficiency, saves wear and tear, so longer life and less noise. My max continuous output is now 2 kW instead of the 3 kW,  I could have had with everything maxed out. Reliability is key for my application, not maximum smoke. ;)  I have employed a dual tank fuel system and manual change over valve so I can start on pump diesel until warm and then switch to a heavier oil such as use transformer oil, etc. which is stored in the larger topside tank.  The green chassis is a lengthened and considerably re-worked frame from a 6000 watt portable big box store gasoline generator that was obtained as shorted, burnt out scrap. That acquisition also sourced the large topside fuel tank. The lifted profile and 10" pneumatic tires allows clearance to pull through tall field grass if needed.  The engine alternator deck plate floats on springs.  Damaging vibration is not transferred to the 12 volt starting battery.

This video shows the finished machine powering a 1500 watt radiant space heater in a recent maintenance run while moving clutter around my garage.  Note no exhaust smoke operating on the heavier fuel oil.  These engines have a catalytic exhaust/muffler assembly.

"There are more worlds than the one you can hold in your hand."   Albert Hosteen, Navajo spiritual elder and code-breaker,  X-Files TV Series.