we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

its that time of year again

Started by mobile_bob, August 29, 2016, 10:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

and i hate having to come hat in hand asking for help
but as much as i wish, i was not born of a rich man, and have the luck of
a very poor man. probably a curse on my ancestry... (hey it is my story and i am sticking with it)

so i have to pay another 175 bucks for another year for the forum, and any and all help is always appreciated.

i know the forum has had it issues, owing mainly to a struggling or better put "strangling" of the effort by our dear friends in DC (here in the states) and maybe their counterparts in other countries.

recently there has been some suggestion relating to reworking the forum, compiling and archiving much that is not of current interest, and creating other topics that might be more in line with what folks are currently working with.

things like solar and battery tech for instance have been mentioned, and maybe things relating to control systems and such?

anyway, if there is still ongoing support for the forum, please step up and let me know

this doesn't mean i am only looking for financial help, but rather idea's that might make this forum more relevant and useful.

because we own the rights not only to this forum, (but technically our sister forum), i am thinking of going back and bringing over some of the information to here in a "search only" archive sort of thing.  i realize the fine folks that have continued with our sister forum have built on what was there at the time the forum rights were purchased.... so my thinking is to "not" take content that came about after purchase and let her continue as it is..   (bear in mind the latter is just a thought)

it has been a while since i spent much time over there, so i may be all wrong in my assessment, however in the past (maybe a year or more ago) it appeared at the time to have much more interest and activity based in England, Australia, and other countries where original lister iron is infinitely more available than here in the states. (and yes some folks from here in the states that have either oem iron or a clone)

it is this lack of "iron" either old (listers/petters) or new (listeroids/petteroids/changfa's) that in popular belief really has made this forum in its current form all but an evolutionary dead end, at least as it relates to bringing in new members in any significant numbers.

so anyway, i bring this up for your consideration...

please take some time to think about it, i know money is always tight for folks, and maybe the forum has done what it set out to do and there is no need to continue... i sincerely hope this is not the case, however reality can sometimes be a #itch!

i recall why this forum came to be, and later buying the rights to our sister forum to insure protection of its contents.  yes we had some rocky starts, and some folks had some hurt feelings
and all that.. i would hope we are all passed that and can find a way forward.  there was a lot of work by many folks to get this forum started, to get it all sorted out. and later more work to get an agreement for the other forum and have those that wanted to support it to make it possible to continue on its own...  i could (and maybe should) list all those that put out financially, time, help in negotiations... but you all know who you are, and i thank each of you for going the extra mile.

if after consideration you think that maybe we ought to continue, and have some idea's on what we can do to breath some life back into the old girl, please post on this topic and lets see if we can give it another try.

i am rambling, i know... but if i am to try to get some idea's and financial help, i want you all to read my thoughts so as to know this is not something that i am just going through the paces on.

bob g

ps... if we as i hope continue on, we have to find a better way to vet out new member applications,  the forum has some protections, however we get several applications from russia and other areas of the world that i for one don't feel comfortable with to start with and don't have the time to do background checks to find out if 1 out of 100 is a good guy.  at present i just flush all the applicants from that part of the world and all applicants that even smell like they are some sort of bad actors.   just a bit more for you guys to think about.

mobile_bob

for those that wish to contribute to the forum for the upcoming year

you can paypal to:   notblueeyes@hotmail.com

or alternatively

microcogen.info
c/o bob gayle
218 w. 3rd street
florence kansas  66851

or email me if you need other methods, and we will see what can be done.

thanks so much for your continued support

bob g

SteveU.

Bit'o money coming your way BobG
Thanks for all you do
S.U.
"Use it up. Wear it out. Make do. Or do without."
"Trees are the Answer" to habitat, water, climate moderation, food, shelter, power, heat and light. Plant, grow, and harvest more trees. Then repeat. Trees the ultimate "no till crop". Trees THE BEST solar batteries. Now that is True sustainability.

Carlb

just send a small donation to the fund.
My Projects
Metro 6/1  Diesel / Natural Gas, Backup Generator  
22kw Solar in three arrays 
2.5kw 3.7 meter wind turbine
2 Solar Air heaters  Totaling 150 Sq/Ft
1969 Camaro 560hp 4 speed automatic with overdrive
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe 6 speed manual transmission

Thob

I put in a little to - thanks for all the work as well.
Witte 98RC Gas burner - Kubota D600 w/ST7.5KW head.
I'm not afraid to take anything apart.
I am sometimes afraid I'm not going to get it back together.

Carlb

just noticed i wrote send instead of sent in my post.  Why can't i edit my earlier post?
My Projects
Metro 6/1  Diesel / Natural Gas, Backup Generator  
22kw Solar in three arrays 
2.5kw 3.7 meter wind turbine
2 Solar Air heaters  Totaling 150 Sq/Ft
1969 Camaro 560hp 4 speed automatic with overdrive
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe 6 speed manual transmission

Hugh Conway

I'm not a big user, mostly post on LEF. Never the less, I do check in here frequently. added a bit to the kitty for renewal.
Thanks for hanging in there.
Cheers,
Hugh
JKSON 6/1 Utterpower PMG off grid
Lister SR2 with Newage Stamford 9.4Kw gen.....project
Lister 6/1 Start-o-Matic.........project

LowGear

veggie

Just sent a small donation  ;)

Thanks Bob,
Veggie