we are expanding the forum...

Started by mobile_bob, February 01, 2011, 12:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdubnut62

When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

Henry W

Yea we know that. But some person out there will believe it really drives.

Lloyd

Here's the power curve.

http://www.microcogen.info/index.php?PHPSESSID=4mek6guuo9h1l944j4gl053q83&topic=682.msg8005#msg8005

These brand new twin engines, CRM V12  1000 HP were just installed on the stingers. They should be fired up and running in the next 2 months.

The boat a 1962 23 meter...with twin CRM's that works out to about 87 hp per meter of length on the water line.

Lloyd
JUST REMEMBER..it doesn't matter what came first, as long as you got chickens & eggs.
Semantics is for sitting around the fire drinking stumpblaster, as long as noone is belligerent.
The Devil is in the details, ignore the details, and you create the Devil's playground.

Crofter

Lloyd those engines are way too high tech for me or my budget. Mine will run on rice and beans!
Frank

10-1 Jkson / ST-5

deeiche

rm /

Henry W

Quote from: Crofter on February 03, 2011, 09:37:07 AM
Lloyd those engines are way too high tech for me or my budget. Mine will run on rice and beans!

Crofter,

This might be what you need.

Henry

Crofter

Henry, that looks like it might be about as old as I am! Interesting crankshaft arrangement. In all honesty I do have a 3.5 hp long shaft 4 stroke for it. My lower back does not like rowing it seems. Actually 1/2 a horse would take it up to hull speed and one of the open flywheel antiques would look a lot better than that gawking black Tohatsu on the wine glass transom.
Frank

10-1 Jkson / ST-5

cognos

I bet that engine's brand new... and I bet it's a diesel... ;D

AdeV

Quote from: deeiche on February 03, 2011, 09:55:40 AM
back to the OP topic

I am not a member of LEF, as it had become a PITA to join, but I did follow threads "over there".  I noticed Spencer's vapourization thread and wanted to post something I recalled regarding Cubans running kerosene in their gasoline engine automobiles which were mostly manufactured pre-revolution.

Should I go ahead and create a new member @ LEF before the merge is completed?

Yes - it's going to take a couple of weeks for me to sort out the SQL to do the merge, so you may as well. It would be helpful (but not essential) that you use the same username & e-mail address, that way when the merge takes place, your usernames & contributions will be combined.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

Henry W

Quote from: Crofter on February 03, 2011, 10:33:05 AM
Henry, that looks like it might be about as old as I am! Interesting crankshaft arrangement. In all honesty I do have a 3.5 hp long shaft 4 stroke for it. My lower back does not like rowing it seems. Actually 1/2 a horse would take it up to hull speed and one of the open flywheel antiques would look a lot better than that gawking black Tohatsu on the wine glass transom.

What you need to find is a British Seagull.

Henry

Crofter

Quote from: Jens on February 03, 2011, 02:14:53 PM
Quote from: hwew on February 03, 2011, 11:04:07 AM

What you need to find is a British Seagull.

Over here we have the higher power Canadian Seagulls but you still need to harness up a whole bunch to get that boat moving and heaven help you if you try to steer the boat into the wind, the exhaust of all those Seagulls is real messy :) :) :)

Jens, the title of this thread is "Re: we are expanding the forum" Little did Bob know we would get around to discussing animal traction as motive power and cleaning up the exhaust of seagulls! What a compendium of talent and interest! ;D
Frank

10-1 Jkson / ST-5

BioHazard

Quote from: hwew on February 03, 2011, 10:07:45 AM
Crofter,

This might be what you need.

Henry

How the heck does that crankshaft connect to the lower unit? I want one!
Do engines get rewarded for their steam?