we are expanding the forum...

Started by mobile_bob, February 01, 2011, 12:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdubnut62

A wet dream- 379 extended hood with 12v71 and a 13 double over. Wide open spaces =
Whee!
Ron

Sorry for the hijack, I got carried away.
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

admin

governor set to 2700rpm, timing advanced two teeth, N80 injectors (hard to go bigger for lack of enough radiator space,
(that should be good for about 700hp, which btw is not the same as 700hp in a car engine)

supersingle tires on the rear drivers and yes your double overdrive 13speed (although an allison is also very cool)

all loaded in a long nose flat black peterbilt with visor, low suspension height air ride, and oh yes

chrome 8" lake pipes (or twice pipes for those that remember cheech and chong)

buckle up for a white knuckle ride!

bob g

can't you just feel the power in your bones just sitting there?

Tom T

Try an AVDS 1790 Air cooled V  Design Diesel Super Charged 1790 CID 750 BHP V12.  Talk about Co Gin it will heat a 12 story. :)   Tom T

vdubnut62

I'm getting all goose-bumpy! :o  If I built it, think they would let me run it at Bonneville? C'mon Powerball!
Ron
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

AdeV

I'd like one to put in my truck.... just to go a bit quicker.... I'd also love to hook it through a semi-automatic trans, such as the ones I've seen on city buses - at least here in the UK, I don't know about the US or Europe.

Easy gear changes plus that unique Detroit howl. Luvverly.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

Crofter

Quote from: AdeV on February 02, 2011, 12:56:15 PM
I'd like one to put in my truck.... just to go a bit quicker.... I'd also love to hook it through a semi-automatic trans, such as the ones I've seen on city buses - at least here in the UK, I don't know about the US or Europe.

Easy gear changes plus that unique Detroit howl. Luvverly.

A real "jimmy jammer" would be ashamed to drive a slush box tranny, Lol!  ;D
Frank

10-1 Jkson / ST-5

mobile_bob

an allison is a pretty handy when you get over 600hp or so
its hard to grab a bunch of gears when you have more than that,
when you get into the upper hp engines, a missed gear can end up with broken
axles, third members, let alone twisted main shafts and other fun stuff happening in the trans.

the allison never misses a shift! and setup tight the shift will shove that air ride seat where the sun don't shine!

:o

bob g

AdeV

Quote from: mobile_bob on February 02, 2011, 06:18:58 PM

I thought an Allison was an engine? Specifically, one that seems to explode a lot when used for tractor pulling...
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
Lister CS 6/1 with ST5
Lister JP4 looking for a purpose...
Looking for a Changfa in my life...

vdubnut62

Quote from: AdeV on February 02, 2011, 06:49:51 PM
Quote from: mobile_bob on February 02, 2011, 06:18:58 PM

I thought an Allison was an engine? Specifically, one that seems to explode a lot when used for tractor pulling...

That Allison is a V-16 (IIRC) antique aircraft engine. The Allison Bob refers to is a big tough honking damn near bulletproof automatic tranny.
Of course he's right as usual, but what about the cool factor? I want to participate a little more, not just punch it and point it! (pout)
Ron

flywheel

Allison aircraft engines - V12 , Photo from Sandwich IL fair 2003.
                                                                                                        flywheel
Never met a diesel engine I didnt like.

deeiche

rm /

mobile_bob

vdubnut62

Guys, do I need to start that over the top motorhead support group now, or can we still keep it together a little longer on our own? ::)
My Son says I'll start slobbering and mumbling more power when I'm confined to a diesel 4x4 wheelchair........
He's sort of got a point.
Ron

mobile_bob

maybe its as tim the toolman describes a man's vacuum cleaner as being

stainless steel with a 60hp motor!

dyson can keep his ball!

bob g

Henry W

To bad this was not real mini to ride. Just starting up the engine will probably flip the car all over the place.

Very nice engine stand though.

Henry