News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

its been nearly a year

Started by mobile_bob, September 17, 2010, 12:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobile_bob

since we started this forum, and lots have happened over that year

we made lots of friends, and lost a few in the process, most of which maybe we can get back into the fold should we
do a bit of restructuring of the forum and its boards.

as we all know we have one of the most segmented forums on the web, with a bunch of boards that are seldom used

my thinking is it is time to do a bit of housekeeping, and streamline things a bit.

some of the boards that have had little activity still have some useful information, so my thinking is to take those boards
and move them to an archive section where they can continue to function and save the info they already contain, however
members can simply minimize the archive section and in doing so reduce the size or appearance on the front page.

the forum activity has been declining over the summer, as is most other forums, some of this is caused by other family concerns, vacations, moves, home remodel projects, and for some of us health issues rear their ugly head and take priority of our time.

the continuation of our declining economy has also put a pinch in many folks pocket books and this makes starting or modifying an existing project
very difficult if not impossible. perhaps these are the times where we do more discussion and research into development and wait for better economic times to spend hard earned cash? i don't know.

anyway the bottom line is this, we are paid up for another year for the forum, so it is firmly rooted and will continue even if it evolves a bit.

you guys have been great, without your involvement this forum would not be here today and without your continued participation it won't be here down the road.

i will open a thread in the general discussion board to ask what you guys would like to see happen with the forum and its boards, i look forward to
your input and idea's.

thanks for all you guys have done

bob g