Marathon, 7.8KW, 1800 RPM, Single Bearing, Pancake Generator End with AVR

Started by Henry W, April 05, 2011, 05:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry W

This topic started as a post in the Components, Parts, Items of interest section. I thought it would be good to move it here.

Henry

http://cgi.ebay.com/Generator-End-Marathon-Pancake-/280653158195?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41583b5733

gregger2k

Thanks for the tip.   One less for sale now ;D

Henry W

Hi gregger2k,

I got mine Monday. Wait until you open it up and see it. They are very nice units. They are primed so you can paint it to with what ever color you want. These are great deals for $400.00. I could not believe it when someone told me about it over a month ago. Another once in a lifetime deal? I would say it probably is.

Henry

Henry W

Well they are all sold. Did any other members buy one?

Henry

Henry W

Picture #1   The exciter rotor

Henry W

Picture #2    SAE-5 Housing with SAE-6.5 Flywheel Flexplate. It also has a nice heavy aluminum fan that should push a good amount of air.

Henry W

Picture #3   Top View.  There will be a electrical box mounted on top with a 30 amp double pole breaker.

Henry W

Pictuer #4  Back view with cover on.

Henry W

Picture #5   Top and side view.

Henry W

When I was checking it out I noticed the stator is pitched. I cant wait to see what it does.

This generator end will be mounted to the Kubota D1005 engine that I picked up a couple months ago.

Henry

Henry W

gregger2k

Cool, Thanks for the pictures and tip Henry. I can hardly wait for mine.

I will be putting it on my Kubota D905.  It had a capacitor regulated 6KW pancake on it when I got it (old light plant) that i removed to lovejoy a ST10 to.

It is working good with a Stamford SX460 clone AVR But this deal was just to good to pass up!

Thanks Greg

RJ

Quote from: hwew on April 06, 2011, 02:38:32 PM
Well they are all sold. Did any other members buy one?

Henry

Henry, I ended up picking one up as well. I'll couple it to my D905 as we talked about awhile ago. 

Wondering why this generator isn't listed on the Marathon site. Did you decide the unit was too good a deal to pass up for your engine? Initially you where thinking it might be a little undersized for your engine.

Although I did find this unit.

http://www.hardydiesel.com/kubota-generators/kubota-7-kw.html

Now they claim a d1005 is used, however it's a 3cyl engine my D905 is 3 cyl but I thought the D1005 was a 4 cyl engine.

Typo?

-RJ

Henry W

Hi RJ,

The Kubota D1005 is a 5 series three cylinder engine.
The bore is 4mm larger than the D905. The stroke is the same. Pretty much everything is the same as the D905.

The D1005 engine has an aprox net cont. Hp of 11.7 at 1800 rpm with aprox 34 ft-lbs of torque.
The D1005 engine has an aprox gross int. Hp of 13.1 at 1800 rpm with aprox 43 ft-lbs of torque.

It should be a pretty good match for the 7.8Kw genhead.

The D905 engine is rated only 2 or 2.5 Hp less with aprox 4 ft-lbs less torque. Not much of a differance. I feel it will also be a good match for the 7.8Kw genhead.

Henry

Apogee

Very bummed that I missed these!

Don't know when the thread got moved, but if it moved while they were still available, that is a problem imho.

Often, I skim the parts of interest thread very quickly and move on because I don't have time to read the whole forum.

HUGE bummer as I would have snagged a couple of them for my baby cat diesels.

Steve