Brushless Generator/Alternator questions

Started by cdray, August 29, 2010, 03:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdray

Hi guys,
This is my first post. I have really enjoyed searching through the wealth of information here.
Does anyone have any feedback on the brushless units Tom at centralgagenerator.com sells? I have a older welder with a 44 HP Deutz air cooled diesel engine. The Aux. power is rated at 10KW continuous but it is a induction generator and has poor voltage regulation. I was considering modifying it to a generator only. I have been dealing with Deutz air cooled engines for years, and they just run forever with very little maintenance. I'm pretty sure it has a SAE bell housing, but I haven't checked yet.. I think it would be a very reliable setup.
Just looking for some feedback/ideas.  I've got a $1000.00 in the whole rig, plus it's trailer mounted. Keep the good info coming. Thanks, David

http://cgi.ebay.com/24KW-1-3-phase-277-480-Single-Bearing-SAE-3-11-5-/150478558316?pt=BI_Generators&hash=item230938946c

Henry W

They are very good units. I visited Tom a few months ago ad I seen them up close and I was very impressed. Another thing is Tom is a great guy and his customer service is excellent. He takes care of his customers. His parts inventoty is Huge so chances are he will have replacement parts in stock.

Henry

cdray

Henry,
I appreciate the reply. I'm just in the brainstorming stages of this potential project. Thanks for your input! David