News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

LoveJoy couplers for 48mm ST15/ST20 shafts

Started by dmarkh, April 01, 2016, 08:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmarkh

Anyone ever had any trouble getting a LoveJoy L150 48mm coupler to fit on a 48mm ST15 shaft? I have now had to return 3 hubs that I purchased from 3 different suppliers. They do not fit the 48mm shafts of the ST15. The ST15 shaft measures right at 48mm but every hub I have received has a bore measurement well below 48mm. They all measure at 47.65xmm. The LoveJoy Eng data book shows that is should measure 48.025mm. I've contacted LoveJoy and all they had to say was, "we haven't had any problems with them for 20+ years". They seem very unresponsive to me. Like, "would you just go away please. We only deal with our suppliers".

I've got this brand new ST15 and can't yet connect it to my driver. Am I missing something? Shouldn't a 48mm bored hub easily slide on a 48mm shaft?

vdubnut62

Call Central Georgia Generator, they sell genheads and parts. They also keep couplers in stock, that's where I got mine for an ST-10.
Here is a link to their contact page.....
Ron.

http://cgg1.com/contact.htm

When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

dmarkh

Well unless Central Georgia Generator has some older ones still in stock they are probably defective also. I've now got a total of 5 from different suppliers plus 3 from Grainger. I should have gone to Grainger first but they were twice the price as the others. By Grainger's calculation, they are all actually the L150 1 7/8 inch hubs but marked incorrectly as 48mm. Grainger gave me one for my trouble and pointed me to a good machine shop down the street and they fixed me right up for $15. So at least now I have a proper coupler and should get this thing done this weekend. My opinion of LoveJoy is in the toilet. Grainger seemed pretty determined to get LoveJoy to fess up. The Corporate office actually got invovled as I was there. All they have in stock will be returned for a refund or replacements. I did my best to get the other suppliers (online shops) to do the same. I know how that works though.

Mark

vdubnut62

Hmm, sorry to hear about your troubles. I would be so pissed.  Well, to be honest, someone in QC at Lovejoy should have a knot jerked in his a$$. I wonder how that sort of mistake happened in the first place?
Ron.
When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

BruceM

Grainger is a good outfit for tech and customer support, and will lean on the supplier when they screw up.  I had a similar experience on a blower where the vendor had cut corners...Grainger immediately made them correct the problem and bent over backwards to make it right for me. 

akatosborne

Central Georgia Generator supplies the 48mm coupling. They are press fit. Put them in an 350 degree over for 45 minutes and it will slide right on.
http://cgg1.com/metriccoupler.htm
Tom