News:

we are back up and running again!

Main Menu

Newage? Is it like an ST?

Started by Dualfuel, October 18, 2013, 04:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualfuel

Jens

Newage generators are high quality units. They have nothing in common with an 'ST' head.
I can't tell you if the old unit in your video is worthwhile spending money on to fix it up, only you can decide if it's worth the risk.
If it was me, I would look at the unit to see if the bearings look ok, if the rotor looks ok and if I liked what I saw I would seriously look at making it work.
ST heads are brushed units, I believe the Newage are brushless .... but not sure ....
I spent serious coin on my generator head to avoid the ST type head.

Oh, parts should be readily available as it is a well recognized brand name. I don't know what parts availability for that particular model is like.

Hugh Conway

Hello BJP:
Newage was bought out by Cummins Diesel. You can find generator manual downloads here: https://www.cumminsgeneratortechnologies.com/en/download/manuals/
I have a Newage-Stamford English made generator (1980s) that is not on their website list. I emailed Cummins, and eventually they were able to find and email  not only a PDF manual for my generator type, but they actually included a copy of the original build sheet for the very generator that I have. I sent them all the info on the data plate, including the model and serial numbers. Very helpful.
These are very good units, looks like yours is at least repairable.
Cheers,
Hugh
JKSON 6/1 Utterpower PMG off grid
Lister SR2 with Newage Stamford 9.4Kw gen.....project
Lister 6/1 Start-o-Matic.........project